Isbar thread

Is this breed calm and quiet? I have White Bresse and getting annoy every day when the hen lay an egg. They make a lot of noise when other hen in the nest box and after laying. The rooster follow and make the noise with the hen.

Is this breed calm and quiet? I have White Bresse and getting annoy every day when the hen lay an egg. They make a lot of noise when other hen in the nest box and after laying. The rooster follow and make the noise with the hen.
My hen was calm and quiet, very sweet hen.
She was friendly, the lady I got her from had handled her since she got them for GFF.

Poppy is 6 weeks tomorrow!

Attachments

• 84284DC0-C5AA-48E8-A380-3B0ACA4EFB6D.jpeg
    84284DC0-C5AA-48E8-A380-3B0ACA4EFB6D.jpeg
    558 KB · Views: 27
Wish I had you for a teacher....how fun! There have been several people who talked about mixing the Isbar with a blue egg layer....like the Cream Legbar or the Wheaten Ameraucana. I think they were going to try it. My birds aren't that old enough yet. I am going to breed my green egg gene rooster with my blue egg layer Easter Eggers. I think that will be fun. I also have a light pinkish brown egg I would like to see mixed with the green. I would love for you to keep in touch so we could all see how it turns out! Good luck.

I know this thread is super old, but it sounds like what you did could exactly answer my question. I have an Isbar rooster and just hatched some eggs from an Ameraucana, olive egger, and Salmon Faverolles. Wondering what color eggs they will lay if they are females. Did you breed your blue layers and pinkish layers with the green-gene rooster? What color eggs did the chicks end up laying?

I know this thread is super old, but it sounds like what you did could exactly answer my question. I have an Isbar rooster and just hatched some eggs from an Ameraucana, olive egger, and Salmon Faverolles. Wondering what color eggs they will lay if they are females. Did you breed your blue layers and pinkish layers with the green-gene rooster? What color eggs did the chicks end up laying?
You’d be surprised how an older thread can get revived a few times over!

Here’s an Olive Egger created from a Silverudd’s Blue and a Marans:
DDEF2310-47E9-4889-A137-71A867B7A6C3.jpeg

Angel lays speckled olive eggs!! 💚

Back
Top Bottom