Isbar thread

I think I picked up an Isbar cross pullet today. They listed her as an Ameracauna. She's soooo beautiful, and as sweet and curious as could be. ❤️

Attachments

• 20210524_141007.jpg
    20210524_141007.jpg
    815 KB · Views: 12
Are other people finding actual pea combs in the new line? I had posted about this earlier and didn't get any confirmed responses. There is definitely a smaller comb of some sort in the new line, but it is not actually a pea comb (had this confirmed by several breeders of pea combed breeds). It is like a very stunted single comb. Now that half my single combed roosters have frostbite, I'm wondering if it wasnt intentionally selected for to increase cold hardiness.

I don't like the look as much, but it's growing on me now that I'm out bag balming 24 heads each day! Lol.
I got him from a lady that said she got him for GFF. He has a pea comb.

Attachments

• B927D00D-B6F2-4E94-9BAA-817AD4408D41.jpeg
    B927D00D-B6F2-4E94-9BAA-817AD4408D41.jpeg
    650.7 KB · Views: 9
I think I picked up an Isbar cross pullet today. They listed her as an Ameracauna. She's soooo beautiful, and as sweet and curious as could be. ❤️
I have one, too! 10 week old. Isbar (Silverudds Blue) and Easter Egger cross.
She is also super sweet, not much bigger than a bantam. She has a modified peacomb.
Has yours started laying yet? Super curious about egg color in this cross, expect it to be some shade of green. 😊
Estella.jpg

Looks more like a pea comb. Looks odd though, like a pea comb in a straight light. Weird
Interesting! Can you post a close up of his comb? My new little one has a modified pea comb so I just ASSUMED her mom was an EE, expecting Silverudds Blue to have single combs. She has the slate legs with pink feet that you would expect, too. I bought her from a breeder with a mixed flock. She could be purebred then! Guess I will know more when she starts laying.
Photo of her comb at 6 weeks.
Estella1.jpg

Interesting! Can you post a close up of his comb? My new little one has a modified pea comb so I just ASSUMED her mom was an EE, expecting Silverudds Blue to have single combs. She has the slate legs with pink feet that you would expect, too. I bought her from a breeder with a mixed flock. She could be purebred then! Guess I will know more when she starts laying.
Photo of her comb at 6 weeks.View attachment 2739026

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom