JANUARY 2015 Hatch-A-Long

I have a webcam on my eggs. Today, while I was at work, i took a look at the eggs and swore I could hear a cheep! I got home and sure enough, one egg pipped!!!! (Day 18)

The problem is, I hadn't added water yet as I was waiting for the incubator to automatically stop turning. When I got home, I added water, removed the egg tray, added a non skid base and 'locked down'. I hope the first egg that pipped didn't get shrink wrapped. Since then, another pipped!

This is so cool!! I will be devastated if these babies don't make it! This is so much more exciting than buying chicks!!!:D

Last edited:
I have a webcam on my eggs. Today, while I was at work, i took a look at the eggs and swore I could hear a cheep! I got home and sure enough, one egg pipped!!!! (Day 18)

The problem is, I hadn't added water yet as I was waiting for the incubator to automatically stop turning. When I got home, I added water, removed the egg tray, added a non skid base and 'locked down'. I hope the first egg that pipped didn't get shrink wrapped. Since then, another pipped!

This is so cool!! I will be devastated if these babies don't make it! This is so much more exciting than buying chicks!!!:D
how exciting. I bet it'll be fine. I am sure there have been people that have had early pips before they got ready for lockdown. Good luck, I hope for many more pips and plenty of fuzzy butts for you. Everyone in lockdown is making me even more excited for my chicks!

how exciting. I bet it'll be fine. I am sure there have been people that have had early pips before they got ready for lockdown. Good luck, I hope for many more pips and plenty of fuzzy butts for you. Everyone in lockdown is making me even more excited for my chicks!

X2 of what Renee said. My last hatch a week ago internally pipped day 18, all 4 hatch day 19. Good luck!

found a tiny egg in my chicken lay box. prob won't hatch may not have a yolk but what they hey. I will know in a few days. the tan egg is regular sized.
I think that is what is called a Fairy Egg (at least that's my preferred term, compared to the alternatives, lol!) But if it does have a yolk, teeniest chick ever!

3 of 4 that are due hatched. :D So happy! I was getting slightly worried as they were 2 days late. I'm still holding out hope on the 4th one.

Yes, I had the opportunity to get Modern Game Bantams, and couldn't resist XD. They are on day 8.
cool. How do you handle humidity during staggered hatches? Oh and also turning the eggs that need turning?

Last edited:
That's a good question on humidity and a staggered hatch...

No one answered my thread question on it either. I wanted to try and hatch in my incubator with staggered eggs...they are 3 and 5 days apart. And then what would your humidity be??? My goal was 65% at hatch and 53% 1-18...

Anyone ever do this all together???

Back
Top Bottom