JANUARY 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Man, maglight and a spray can lid?--Awesome idea! And also have got to try my cell. Even if I have something else, always good to know I have a backup in an emergency. Thanks for all the ideas....
highfive.gif
LOL, I quickly made the spray paint lid many years ago---been using it ever since---It works good----I got a hole cut in a gallon bleach jug to hold the mag light straight up---place the lid on top---this has candled 1000's of eggs---LOL.

Last edited:
Yes, every week, but now I got 2 Cabinets going and 2 styrofoam----had 568 eggs incubating till I moved this 100+ to the hatcher. BUT I got about 150+ more eggs to put back in.

Is there a way to hatch in the same cabinet of a staggered hatch? I have a 3 tray cabinet now with a hatching area at the bottom. But, I have got the eggs all different set dates.

I still have a Hovabator if I need to hatch in there.

Is there a way to hatch in the same cabinet of a staggered hatch? I have a 3 tray cabinet now with a hatching area at the bottom. But, I have got the eggs all different set dates.

I still have a Hovabator if I need to hatch in there.
Alot of people do that, BUT I have never tried it. I would worry about getting the humidity up enough for the hatch----wonder if that would affect the others. Maybe someone will ring in and answer your question from experience. I am not changing my method----works to good----Don't fix it if its not tore up---LOL.

27 hatched (well, 1 actively zipping), 2 noncommittal eggs. Phew! Need to move some chicks to the brooder soon as the zipper's done. I'm sure they'd like some elbow room.

I'll leave the two in.... They maybe are waiting for some quiet time....or not. Who knows? Give them a day or two.

Yay to everyones babies! More pictures?

Here are some of our fuzzbutts, waiting on 5 more to finish up and get on out so we can clean up and make room for this weeks hatch!

I don't think I am going to be posting on your hatch-a-longs as long as you are insisting that people are not allowed to post without officially joining by sending you a message. Not because it takes long to send a message but because it feels wierd and controlling and I think there are enough rules in the world that I don't really need extras, especially those serving no purpose. For me, it puts a damper on the openness and sharing that I have really enjoyed on these threads. I imagine more people would like to participate if they felt welcome.
YEah, i agree with you! But...the problem is that i cant find a way to get members to tell me that they have joined...i wanna know how mnay poeple actually join my HAL...so maybe i should say somehting like "PLease, if you join this HAL would you please tell me" or something??

What do you/other members think??

Thanks for bringing this up!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom