JANUARY 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Day 14 candling and all is still well. 14/14 still moving :cd :

Nice job, Yorky! I am glad your own eggs are developing.

Can't wait to see your pics! We will be in lockdown together. My day 14 starts tonight at 8pm. I guess I better get cracking at finding some new arrangements for my birds! Can't wait for some newborns!

Hi everyone! Been tagging along for your hatches, seeing some cute little fluffers! I am getting ready to set eggs for the VDay HAL and was wondering if any of you would recommend a specific type or brand of candler? TIA
yippiechickie.gif

wondering if any of you would recommend a specific type or brand of candler? TIA
yippiechickie.gif

I use the Cool-Lite Egg Tester

Works great on light-colored shell eggs. Darker eggs (like Marans) are a bit more tricky and so basically use the Cool-Lite to determine the air cell and then use a 250 lumens flashlight to try to see anything else. Often won't see veining in Marans, but you can see if egg is filling up appropriately with the chick.

Hey guys sorry I haven't been posting. Been REALLY busy. 17 out of 29 with one more pipped so far, here's a couple pictures, then off to find something else to do so I'm not sitting in front of the incubator all day.

Hi everyone!  Been tagging along for your hatches, seeing some cute little fluffers!  I am getting ready to set eggs for the VDay HAL and was wondering if any of you would recommend a specific type or brand of candler?  TIA :yiipchick

I have the Brinsea candler...not good on large eggs though. Try your cell phone light on an egg from the fridge in a dark room. See if it works for you before you spend money!

Back
Top Bottom