JANUARY 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Is there a way to hatch in the same cabinet of a staggered hatch? I have a 3 tray cabinet now with a hatching area at the bottom. But, I have got the eggs all different set dates.

I still have a Hovabator if I need to hatch in there.
Kind of depends on what else you have in an incubator. Right now i have Khaki campbell duck and frizzle chochin eggs in there...they have 1-2weeks left to incubate. i have one frizzle chochin chick actively hatching right now in the same incubator. i just keep the humidity around 40-60% and everyone seems to be doing fine. There is a cabinet bator but it would be way to hard to keep the temp accurate with only one tiny egg in there. i pretty much dry hatch so a bit of extra humidity doesnt hurt them for 3-4 days i dont think. Without adding water my bator often reads 30-40% just from the air moisture. The little frizzle chick has internally pipped and has an external pip made by me, cause he/she was complaining alot and he/she is malpositioned(upsidedown) so i may have to end up taking off more shell until he/she can flip themselves around and zip, unless they start zipping the wrong end then i will let him/her go to town. After this one egg, there are 4 more frizzle chochin eggs in the bator and the 15 khaki campbell i think it is....took out 2 clear frizzles and there are 3 clear khaki campbell if i recall right. Also have mopre frizzle eggs showing up at some point in the near future. A local lady keeps giving me them for free whenever she collects them and their still warm, which is nice.

This weekend we are getting trader joe and/or whole foods eggs to hatch as well as day old Iowa blue, chatecler, and EEs.

hmmm Misfit...Food for thought.

I have my temp set at 99.5 and humidity at 53%. I was thinking of putting eggs on a humidity pad in the bottom of the cabinet. I just can't lose these eggs at hatch...they are worth too much. Maybe I will experiment on my Farmer Brown eggs and see if they will hatch in the bottom of the cabinet at 53% or bump it up a little to 60%.

26 TJ chicks. Moved into the brooder this morning. Yeah, I think I can find one or two pullets for my flock now... chicken math overkill. Didn't think so many would be fertile and hatch!

I'll post a better picture later when they're a little more fluffed out.

Over 100 eggs in the hatcher---they are hatching now----due tomorrow.
That's awesome. Think my wife would kill me if I tried to hatch like that at the moment lol but there's always springtime
1f601.png

That's awesome. Think my wife would kill me if I tried to hatch like that at the moment lol but there's always springtime
1f601.png
Keep in mind I hatch every week---BUT I sell most all of them every week at about 3 to 4 days old----so we get $20 to $36 per 12 eggs hatched---instead of selling them for eating eggs-----for $2 per dozen(all I can get with my customers).

Last edited:
Keep in mind I hatch every week---BUT I sell most all of them every week at about 3 to 4 days old----so we get $20 to $36 per 12 eggs hatched---instead of selling them for eating eggs-----for $2 per dozen(all I can get with my cuctomers).
Fair enough. I'm also selling this batch. I never thought about even selling hatching eggs until someone asked yesterday. Seems like a no-brainer since my incubator is busy at the moment. So I'm listing all the ones I'm getting for hatching eggs since the fridge is full. Going to pick up 4 dozen more Saturday and getting back at it.

Fair enough. I'm also selling this batch. I never thought about even selling hatching eggs until someone asked yesterday. Seems like a no-brainer since my incubator is busy at the moment. So I'm listing all the ones I'm getting for hatching eggs since the fridge is full. Going to pick up 4 dozen more Saturday and getting back at it.

I have lots of room in my incubator...what kind of eggs do you have?

26 TJ chicks. Moved into the brooder this morning. Yeah, I think I can find one or two pullets for my flock now... chicken math overkill. Didn't think so many would be fertile and hatch! I'll post a better picture later when they're a little more fluffed out.
Lol that's too funny, very cute fuzzy butts!

Back
Top Bottom