Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Quote:
We are in Central FL and I wonder if this person is still in the business?

yes she is still in business. She has diff colours of giants and lots of silkies

Sweeet! I think this is the lady that PM'd me. Sweeeter! I'm noting and on this. Thanks all.
big_smile.png
Oh wait, another woman contacted us with "Bobbi Porto" line chickens. I kinda chuckled to self 'cause I was like, "Who is Bobbi Porto" when I read the email, LOL. Again, thanks all.

Last edited:
Quote:
HIYA! WOOT!!!! On the new layer! Yep, that line does lay a very good-sized egg - all that I had from that line started right out laying larges, and quickly progressed to XL and Jumbo.

Glad you're all set with a "sitter" for your gals - I hope you can leave and not feel stressed about them while you're gone! Hope you have a fantastic winter. Can I come with you???

Quote:
It would help to know where you are from. Kingston doesn't tell me much. Or, are you looking for one to be shipped?

sorry, Im from east tennessee. and I would preferr to get one close but whatever it takes. I just got my heart set on a blue roo as king of the yard.

Hello everyone.
I have been down and out for a while and finially feel good enough to do more then a quick post and run.
For anyone near me I have a blk very big 8 month old rooster and a blue from good lines same age rooster and a blue hen all where gotten from byc people for sale if anyone is looking around me I'm in the eastern panhandle of wv.

With that said I am in the need for a SQ or top BQ rooster around the same age as posted above. Older is ok if not closer to 2 yrs old.
Must have blue bloodlines will pay shipping and all that if the rooster is right.
My pullets are starting to lay and I soon will start test hatching the other breeds but not the JG's till I get the right roosters. I do have one breeder rooster ( Thank you Wynette) that I kept but he will not be able to cover all my girls.
I also have no problem waiting for chicks or eggs to get a great rooster from if I have too.
So if y'all hear anything about a good breeder having good roosters to sell please let me know.
Wynette do you have a list started ( I know are you kidding) just really checking to see how far out it is.
Hope everyone had a great new years and may this year be blessed for everyone.

Hi all!

I had a sort of hard time finding this thread on the new set up...but I did!

Haven't left yet for Florida (Wynette you can come visit...we will be in Hudson)...but think all will be fine with my flock and flock sitter!

I look forward to the winter break although here in N. Michigan it has been SO mild with little snow and warm temps....I am not as excited as you would think. I YEARN to be incubating eggs and I can't do it which is frustrating.

Anyone put eggs into the bator yet? (I'm not looking to buy...just curious). Wynette have you got chicks from your new additions yet?? I can't remember how old they are but I'm looking forward to some pictures! Yesterday I got a new poultry magazine (can't remember which one now...)it had a big article on Jersey Giants with photos from Maria Hall ..Indiana and Johnson from Ohio I think it was. Since it takes really 2 years for Jerseys to mature....you really have to be patient. I'm wondering if mine will get 10 lbs. Anyone weigh there flocks?? Right now mine are the same size as my english orps as far as height...and my jerseys are a month younger. It will be fun to see them pass them up. Wonder if when they are larger than the Orps there will be a shift in the pecking order ??

Back
Top Bottom