June to July hatch-a-long!!!

Pics
So I'm going to be collecting my eggs for my broodys but I was going to move them before I give the eggs to them, but the only place i could put the is in a side ways bucket with shavings in it on the floor of the coop. But will it too hot in the buckets?

So I'm going to be collecting my eggs for my broodys but I was going to move them before I give the eggs to them, but the only place i could put the is in a side ways bucket with shavings in it on the floor of the coop. But will it too hot in the buckets?
It should be fine.

It should be fine.
We are going to build a nee coop so for right know they kinda have a run with a roosting area that is
It should be fine.
I sometimes get a predator in my coop a d itnhas stolen some eggs but it has not been in the cool for a while, do you think putting the broodys on the ground give them more of a chance to eat the broodys

We are going to build a nee coop so for right know they kinda have a run with a roosting area that is

I sometimes get a predator in my coop a d itnhas stolen some eggs but it has not been in the cool for a while, do you think putting the broodys on the ground give them more of a chance to eat the broodys
It sounds like you have a lot of risk. Honestly, if you have a garage or some room in the basement perhaps it'd be worth investing in a few of these:
https://www.chewy.com/midwest-spree...MIwf6HvZmU4wIVSLnACh0jcQs8EAQYCSABEgKv7_D_BwE

It's hatch day! 2 beautiful Polish babies out (Gold laced and Buff laced) 3 more pips. 11 eggs made it to lockdown so hoping for more pips soon...I hear chirping from internal pips! I am using a cheap Bator I bought off Amazon for a hatcher....I feel it is responsible for some poor hatches of late so I'm incubating only in my Brinsea Octagon for now and testing to see how this does as s hatcher. I feel the humidity was too high and hard to regulate for the first 18 days but high humidity is good for hatching so we will see...fingers crossed!
20190701_095441.jpg
20190701_095452.jpg

It's hatch day! 2 beautiful Polish babies out (Gold laced and Buff laced) 3 more pips. 11 eggs made it to lockdown so hoping for more pips soon...I hear chirping from internal pips! I am using a cheap Bator I bought off Amazon for a hatcher....I feel it is responsible for some poor hatches of late so I'm incubating only in my Brinsea Octagon for now and testing to see how this does as s hatcher. I feel the humidity was too high and hard to regulate for the first 18 days but high humidity is good for hatching so we will see...fingers crossed!View attachment 1831389 View attachment 1831390
Awesome! Congrats! :celebrate

What quality of life does a bird have trapped in one of those in a basement/garage? You know, a tiny animal carrier? :( Natural soil and sunlight are of the basic necessities for birds.
I was suggesting it for hatching. Better a bird hatches her chicks in a safe container than dying from lack of protection.

Back
Top Bottom