June to July hatch-a-long!!!

Pics
My bantams primarily live in my garage. On nice days, they take daytrips outside in a penned in grassy area.

Candled my eggs today. I am down to 11 out of 15. I don't think my turner is working right :/ I'm manually running it a few times a day just in case.

In good news someone put a big wood brooder by the side of the road. Of course I snagged it! I am going to disinfect it as best I can and I'm thinking I might see if the adhesive shelf liner will stick so I can make it easy to wipe down.

IMG_20190702_121724485.jpg

Candled my eggs today. I am down to 11 out of 15. I don't think my turner is working right :/ I'm manually running it a few times a day just in case.

In good news someone put a big wood brooder by the side of the road. Of course I snagged it! I am going to disinfect it as best I can and I'm thinking I might see if the adhesive shelf liner will stick so I can make it easy to wipe down.

View attachment 1832729
Good luck with your eggs,

So I am going to start collecting my eggs to put under my. Broodys tomorrow and I was wondering if I should bring them in and get them to room temp before I put them under the hens, and if so how long do I keep them inside.

Well, my broody blue EE is now 2 weeks along... She is part of the free range crew here and I was down to 2 hens due to some predator problems with fox/coyote mix. They are gone now and it is peaceful, at least temporarily... She is sitting on a huge pile of eggs in a nest of live bermuda grass that is actually growing up a vine. Took me awhile to find her. I am wondering how many of those eggs could possibly hatch, since they are piled on top of each other and only the top ones stay warm. I guess I will know in another week. I have a small coop run that she will have to go into once they hatch, since I have cats. I bought it especially for times like this (and a few others, like quarantine, stuff I couldn't resist at feed store, brought something home from sale that I have no place to put etc). I am hoping some of them hatch, as EE population is down. Took a long time to trap that fox.

Back
Top Bottom