Large amount of non-posting members

Maybe they're scared to post..........not sure how they will be greeted or if their posts will be taken seriously or ridiculed.
If I recall correctly, everyone that joined or had a first post right after the "croc girl" drama, was looked upon with suspicion and some were even called trolls!

Can you blame people for being scared to post?

People can be timid about making that first post and on a day when some are a little testy they will have second thoughts.

Personally I don't think it matters wether people post once, a thousand times, or not at all. If they get what they need from the forum then all those who have posted should know they contributed to some one elses chicken project and be proud of that.

Quote:
Hey I was just thinking about her the other day and was going to see what was new w/her & her borzoi she found...there was drama!?? See what happens when I get a stomach flu and the kids keep me from BYC!

Quote:
I would have to agree! Some may have signed up so if they come across a post they want to join in they are ready and set to go. Otherwise they just lurk and learn. Nothing wrong with that!

I have to agree. I'm a quiet person by nature . If I feel I have someting to contribute I post but that doesnt mean I'm not enjoying reading and learning things every day. Micki

Unless there is an issue with some type of domain space or performance issues I can't see where it makes a difference. People join, read, learn and are ready to post if they decide to.
Some people may never post. Just read only. I can't see a problem with that. Some of these people may just be looking at items for sale or trade.
I would like to encourage those of you out there who are just reading to participate. There are some great people here and something for everyone.
Who knows - reading this forum may be the only
contact someone has with people outside. Maybe they are shy, maybe they have some type of social disorder that won't allow them to leave their home and they join places like this just to feel a part of something.
And I there are any of you out there like that - We love you and welcome you here.

I can sympathize with the non-posters....I used to lurk and read the posts back in BYC's infancy when Garm owned the board. It took ages to muster up the courage to post because I felt I had nothing to contribute since there were so many experienced poultry people.

Give 'em a chance. 2dream raises an interesting point about the "belonging" issue. I know what its like to have panic disorder/social anxiety and believe me, the first post is the hardest!

Just wanted to add that this is the nicest forum that I know of, everyone is so supportive and helpful. I have asked some dumb questions and have been answered with patience and good advice. Thanks to other members and moderators for you friendship and help.

Back
Top Bottom