MARYLAND THREAD!

I have giant dewlap African geese (both buff and brown) and also South American composite chickens (composite these rare breeds: Huastec, Colloncas, Black Quechua Olmec, and Sweet Potato Quechua). I have some extras, but rather than sell to anyone, I would like find others in Maryland that may have a special interest in either or both of these. The geese are very friendly/non-agressive. The chickens have also been selected for friendly, non-agressive and quieter dispositions and are very diverse, interesting and unique.
I didn't post in the sale area, because I am more looking for local people that are enthusiastic about these breeds that want to breed them as well and can also serve as backup source should anything happen to my flock.
PM if interested.

Anyone looking for Jubilee Orpingtons? I've got a quad (3 hens and a roo) of 2.5 year olds that I'm looking to sell. I have a bunch of grow outs that are moving into my breeder pen to take the place of this group. If you can't have a roo, or just don't want him, I'll sell the hens separate.
To be fair, at this age they really only lay about 3-5 eggs each week. So they would be yard ornaments, but very pretty ones.

P.M. if you are interested.

I have a broody hen who won't break. She loves to hatch chicks. Anyone wanna donate some eggs to put under her? Or if anyone wants to pay a small fee to have her hatch out some eggs for ya. I'm located on muddy creek rd

Anyone know of good feed stores in southern Montgomery county? I've been going to southern states turf in spencerville. I love the people there, and they've got good prices, but not the largest selection. Next closest place I know is the tractor supply in Glen burnie, but that's quite a hike... About 40 minutes by car with no traffic. Are there any other options?

If your looking for organic I get mine from country side organics. It's about 25-30$ a 50lb bag. Shipping kinda sucks but if you order in bulk it's not so bad. I usually get 150lbs for 126 including shipping

Where would I find a box store? The plywood and 2x3s would be insanely helpful! I have someone I can get pallets from now, and I have a design for said pallets. The most costly thing for this will be the cedar shingles they used to cover the whole thing. What would you suggest I use for insulation? They used straw, but their chickens took it out of the walls. http://thehomesteadingboards.com/pallet-chicken-coop/ link to what I was talking about.

Back of stores...you'll find pallets and sometimes other wood parts. Especially those long tall ones used at construction sites. When stores are renovating they'll put them out back and throw away all kinda of awesome building materials like plexiglass and stuff

It's a sad day for the world and a good day for me when I find 4 cases of bottled waters in the dumpster. All cause the plastic package ripped. For shame America Lol

Another great source is local lawn/landscaping/riding mower equipment stores.

Our local Husqvarna dealer always has scrap wooden shipping pallets and crates stacked up around back.

Marylander checking in - Carroll County - Farm Country!
cool.png

Please explain the law on registering chickens that you are referring to?
hu.gif

Since when does Bowie have a Farm/Country area?
lau.gif
Carroll County here - 5 hens & 4 buff orpington ducks... what bird law is everyone speaking about?

Back
Top Bottom