Muscovy acting differently than the rest

You've been getting wonderful advice so far, so didn't want to butt in. ;) Miss Lydia walked you through pretty much everything (she is wonderful that way!) and I would probably concur that it's hormonal at this point. Birds can be such silly things! :)
Thanks, I appreciate it.

My mom woke me up early today because Winona didn't immediately come out of the coop like the rest of them when she opened the door. Mom found Winona just standing there with her beak under her wing. So into the hospital crate she went with activated charcoal in her water. I gave her a few cc's of the charcoal water by syringe but she's drinking it on her own from a cup so decided not to continue syringing it. Once I feel she's gotten enough I'll switch to vitamin and electrolyte water. Her poop was almost all watery when I first put her in the crate, but now has some solid parts. She is still eating.

I don't want to celebrate too soon, but Winona seems to be doing better today! She was actually foraging with the others and this evening she joined in on the head bobbing! Thanks, @Miss Lydia, for the treatment suggestion. I hope to get an updated droppings pic in the coming days.

Wonderful! love to hear this.
It's encouraging!
❤️
She's still looking good!
Oh, and I also wanted to tell you how much I love wood shavings for duck bedding! You were right that it is much better at absorbing wet duck poop and lasts a lot longer. I tested two brands, Tractor Supply and Top Bedding, and the Top Bedding screened spruce/fir/pine shavings came out on top :p. I found it to be much softer than the TSC shavings.

Back
Top Bottom