Muscovy keepers share your pics!

This is one of my black barred hens. I took most of her eggs as this was her second clutch for the year and I didn't want to have to brood a ton of ducklings! She hatched 3 black barred babies and a black and white Ancona (had a few eggs under her to test fertility)

These are some of my blue Barreds that hatched this year. I have 2 for sale if anyone's interested

These are Lilacs second clutch (I only let her keep 6 eggs this round). 2 black barred, 1 black, and 1 blue left (also for sale).

These are my newest addition, dark ripples! I hope to breed some loonys next year by mating these with my Barreds

This is one of my black barred hens. I took most of her eggs as this was her second clutch for the year and I didn't want to have to brood a ton of ducklings! She hatched 3 black barred babies and a black and white Ancona (had a few eggs under her to test fertility)

These are some of my blue Barreds that hatched this year. I have 2 for sale if anyone's interested

These are Lilacs second clutch (I only let her keep 6 eggs this round). 2 black barred, 1 black, and 1 blue left (also for sale).

These are my newest addition, dark ripples! I hope to breed some loonys next year by mating these with my Barreds
They´re lovely. Especially the ripples and those blue barred. I know about keeping muscovies, but I´m not so good with the colours. So what´s the difference in colouring with tiny ones if blue barred compared to black barred?
I´ve had black barred, but I´d love some like the mum, so I´m waiting to see if the tails stay lighter on some of them.
So what colour would this duck be called, then? And might she produce little ones like herself if mated to a black and white pied drake? He´s the only male l I have here right now.
And could any of these be blue barred?

im interested in blue barred, where are u located

I was trying to hold on to hope of Kristof being a duck, but I am sure he is a drake :(

He was are sweetest duck, but the last week has started chasing my son hissing trying to be the boss. He is great with me, my son is just not much bigger and Kristof wants to be the boss.

They´re lovely. Especially the ripples and those blue barred. I know about keeping muscovies, but I´m not so good with the colours. So what´s the difference in colouring with tiny ones if blue barred compared to black barred?
I´ve had black barred, but I´d love some like the mum, so I´m waiting to see if the tails stay lighter on some of them.
So what colour would this duck be called, then? And might she produce little ones like herself if mated to a black and white pied drake? He´s the only male l I have here right now.
And could any of these be blue barred?

I had a couple young hens find me this last Sunday, came back from breakfast and they were hanging outside my duck run. Looks to be a fawn and a lavender. Didn't even know they came in lavender. How hard do you think it would be to find a drake that color?

I was trying to hold on to hope of Kristof being a duck, but I am sure he is a drake :(

He was are sweetest duck, but the last week has started chasing my son hissing trying to be the boss. He is great with me, my son is just not much bigger and Kristof wants to be the boss.

sorry, heis a drake and a beautifuI one at that

Back
Top Bottom