Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Awesome congrats!! Are you in summer or winter? My Muscovy's aren't even laying we're in winter.
Thank you
smile.png
We're in winter but since my birds are locked up because of the bird flu so i think that might be the reason .. My muscovys are not laying yet maybe because i didn't have enough space to house them too ..

I hope you get a good hatch. Goslings are so much fun.

My Muscovy's have never mated or laid in winter They take the late fall through winter till early spring off.
Muscovys are the best mamas ,, I can't wait till my muscovys start laying eggs and then the duckling adventure
smile.png

My muscovies are about 4 1/2 months old now. They're always the last ones to go in the coop at night so I did a little experiment the other day. After I chased all the turkeys in and gathered their eggs, I set them on the ground where the scovy girls could see them. I swear, their eyes lit up lol. I'm not sure that they even know what eggs are yet but they were definitely mesmerized by them lol. I have a feeling that both girls will be sitting pretty quickly after they start laying. I know they're known to be good mothers but are they aggressive mothers? Should I fear for my life lol

Last edited:
My muscovies are about 4 1/2 months old now. They're always the last ones to go in the coop at night so I did a little experiment the other day. After I chased all the turkeys in and gathered their eggs, I set them on the ground where the scovy girls could see them. I swear, their eyes lit up lol. I'm not sure that they even know what eggs are yet but they were definitely mesmerized by them lol. I have a feeling that both girls will be sitting pretty quickly after they start laying. I know they're known to be good mothers but are they aggressive mothers? Should I fear for my life lol
They are protective that is for sure. But I always say while having one latched onto my skin "who's the boss here?"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom