Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Boy right? I swear I'll get better at this.

Hey guys ! I'm back
smile.png
And nice pics btw .
frow.gif

New goslings just hatched !!! i know this thread is for muscovys but i just wanted to share it with you
smile.png
soooo cute
love.gif

Question for ya: I lost another drake due to a predator I believe. I am considering building a floating duck house for them. They have a roost house about 8 feet high and I have never seen them use it. Mostly they sleep either under the old pickup truck or on the water/at the waters edge. My only fear is that they wont use it. Do any of you have a floating duck house and do you scovies use it?

Thanks,
Sorry to hear you lost another. I don't have a floating duck house but there are several threads on BYC about them. Be sure to search for them.

They look female lets see what @Ren2014 thinks
I agree. All look to be females from what I can see.

Boy right? I swear I'll get better at this.
I say girl. Girls' bodies are shaped like a football. See the kind of straight line from the legs to tail in this shot... males don't have such a straight line.

The more females the better for them and the drakes. And more enjoyment for you all!!
X2

Yes, sorry, If I'd just read. It did say goslings. I had a white Chinese gander for awhile. Beautiful birds.
What is the blue thing? Can you buy them? I think that is a real good idea. I have 2 Toulouse and 2 Runners coming soon and am looking for ideas

Linda
Hey Linda
smile.png
It's a Chick Waterer it works very well .There are different designs , you can easily make one yourself its so simple ( Google it ) ..
I really want to get some Runners they're great layers but its hard to find them around here .. Good Luck
love.gif

Last edited:
@Country-Girl Love the goslings! I plan to try hatching some again this year (Cotton Patch). The eggs from last year were shipped from California and they didn't do well in shipping because all of the air cells were deformed when they arrived, and none hatched. I found a place closer in Wisconsin.

@Country-Girl Love the goslings! I plan to try hatching some again this year (Cotton Patch). The eggs from last year were shipped from California and they didn't do well in shipping because all of the air cells were deformed when they arrived, and none hatched. I found a place closer in Wisconsin.
Its Country-boy
big_smile.png
. Goslings and ducklings are so much fun ! i put the eggs under one of my turkey hens that had gone broody and they finally hatched with so much trouble !! ,, im planning to get an Incubator its so much easier i think
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom