Muscovy keepers share your pics!

One duckling that I assisted out of the shell Saturday night. My goose (who has been helping to brood) was picking the shell off. I had made an airhole earlier that day in the pipped area.

DSCN5581.JPG

My goose also insists on helping to raise the duckling.
DSCN5596.JPG

I'm just gonna drop this table here. I finally found is again after my computer crashed...

It shows the micro-nutritional values of different grains. It's important in terms of niacin content. Note how low it is in oats (0,9) compared to all the other grains (for instance wheat hard white (4.3)). So if our feed contains a lot of oats, niacin supplement would be a very good idea. :)

vitamininnhold korn niacin.jpg

The table comes from this site: https://www.einkorn.com/tag/types-of-wheat-nutrition-comparison/

I'm finally getting back into Muscovy's!!! This past year seemed soooo Long!!
I found a lady selling Lavender Muscovy's about 20 minutes away from me. I contacted her telling her I wanted to buy 4 Lavenders. I ended up only buying 1 male Lavender. The lady selling the Muscovy's sent me a picture of 6 Lavenders in a small cage saying she just took the picture. When I arrived 20 minutes later she only had 4 Lavenders and expected me to buy all for $25 each. All four of the Muscovy's were males, thick legs big feet, and they were growing their caruncles already. She tried to lie to me and say they were all females and that she has been raising Muscovy's longer then I've been alive.
These are the two pictures she took just before I arrived.
190726_115331_0.jpeg 190726_115331_1.jpeg

I found a lady selling Lavender Muscovy's about 20 minutes away from me. I contacted her telling her I wanted to buy 4 Lavenders. I ended up only buying 1 male Lavender. The lady selling the Muscovy's sent me a picture of 6 Lavenders in a small cage saying she just took the picture. When I arrived 20 minutes later she only had 4 Lavenders and expected me to buy all for $25 each. All four of the Muscovy's were males, thick legs big feet, and they were growing their caruncles already. She tried to lie to me and say they were all females and that she has been raising Muscovy's longer then I've been alive.
View attachment 1857337 View attachment 1857338
I love their color.

Has anyone ever had a muscovy hen raise chicken chicks? I have a hen muscovy sitting on some chicken eggs, and I think it might be best to take them from her.

View attachment 1857337 View attachment 1857338

So pretty!

Back
Top Bottom