My leukemia's back.

he.gif
So I guess Edge is what the new "E" icon is? It's not Explorer, which is what I used to use. I used that and Honey used Chrome, it made things easier for each of us to have our own browser. I'll see about setting up on chrome. For instance, this sentence is underlined in red as I type. When I started the sentence, I didn't capitalize the I at the beginning. The browser underlined it and I went back and fixed it, but everything I've typed since is still underlined in red. And my frustration smilie......back at the beginning.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give Chrome a try. Off to get "echo-d". I know I have some extra padding they have to get through, but I hope I'm not bruised up this time. I don't know why, but for some reason I bruise more when I have more platelets? Really doesn't make sense. then off to the Y for a walk, and sometime today will be a shopping trip to Medford. Apparently the Procurement Officer let us run out of cheddar and Colby/Jack cheeses and we're close to declaring a state of emergency.
My condolences on the echo. I can only imagine. As bad... or worse than a Mammogram? I swear, getting one of those is like having a certain body part run over by a tractor tire. Why they insist on making machines with many square corners to take images of curvy body parts is more than I can wrap my head around. Running out of cheese is definitely cause for calling out the armed guard in my home. I go into a state of panic if I run out of cheese.

Oh me too! I'm in the prayer corner about the ECHO too! I decided after my last mammogram that I was going to invent a similar machine to test guys for cancer of....well.....cancer of ..... I think you get the idea. Anyway, my last ECHO on my heart/lungs was more dread than actually being unpleasant. Hope it's that way for you, too! At least we were able to rule out pulmonary hypertension and I hope you get a good result too. Yep, I got bruising too, but not nearly as bad as it sounds like you did!

Got Christmas stuff packed away today. We normally do it on Christmas Day, but our pie exchange went longer than we anticipated it would. That's okay....I'd rather spend time laughing at the table than finding all the right boxes for stuff and hauling it to the storage unit.

Ashley got to go sledding on Christmas Day. The family does this every year, and she was afraid of compromising her port if she went. But her doctor assured her she couldn't do anything to that port that they couldn't fix and there was no reason for her not to go. I'll have to snag the photos of that happy little girl from Jenna's Facebook and share them.

Echo wasn't too bad. He wouldn't get specific but said the ejection fraction would be between 45-65% and no pulmonary hypertension. That EF is pretty much where I'd been running since the last bout of chemo before the transplant. So, not sure if I was better for a while, and now worse, or what. I just know I'm more whipped than I should be, more than I was a few months ago. I don't like the feeling of going backwards.

Phil, glad things are getting better
smile.png

The only decorations we did were the tree and the stockings. Our house is so small, everything got taken down the day after Christmas. The tree went out to the run of the main flock--man, did that give the ladies something to talk about for a few hours!

Blooie, I teared up reading about Ashley being afraid of damaging her port. Things like that are just so unfair for a little kiddo to have to think about. Blessings to her doctor, and to her family for not wrapping her in bubble wrap. There's got to be reasons to go through all this, and I think sledding is a darn fine reason! For kids, of course.....not for me anymore. Too cold!

You're so right - little ones shouldn't ever have to worry about ports and catheters and braces and wheelchairs and blood counts. But we can sure learn a lot of lessons from their tenacity and their trust, can't we?

Ashley and her dad, brothers and sister.

The girls...some of my great-nieces. Beauties all, from the inside out!

Big brother takes Ash down the hill.

Ashley and her hero - her daddy.

The US Family Sledding Team....by my count there were about 11 kids who didn't make it because they live too far out of the area, like my grandkids. But this is a tradition that started back when my Tam (the oldest of the cousins) was 6, Terrin was 4 and Kenny was 2. My kids are all in their 40s now and still, every Christmas day while the year's hostess and a couple of her kids help put together the finishing touches on the Christmas celebration, the rest head for the hills.

Back
Top Bottom