My leukemia's back.

Did Rachel by any chance knit that cute hat Alice is wearing....?
I think it started with preemies; it's very important to keep a premature baby's head warm. It kinda spread to "Santa babies" from there. But these days, many hospitals have a small army of volunteers who knit or crochet baby hats that are given to little ones when they are born; particularly during the cooler parts of the year. I still have the ones that were given to my two.

There's another organization, "Love Your Melon", which does all kinds of fun hats, beanies, and other accessories for kids who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments. Our sweet little Ashley has received several from them and she loves them all!

My youngest son was born 12-23, brought him home on Christmas day...in a big red stocking the nurses had stuffed him into. He turned 30 a few days ago and I still have that stocking. (Not that it would fit his foot now, lol.)

I was an earlier December baby (the 6th), but I came home in a stocking also! I have it as a keepsake, it's so tiny. Can't believe my little baby self fit in there!

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas. We had a nice, low key day and everyone seemed happy. Honey and I went to the Y to work out this am, then went for a drive out in the boonies where they've been trimming trees to keep the power lines clear. Picked up some firewood for free. Honey's out getting a new air filter for the chainsaw, so I popped on here for a minute.

Phil, how's the breathing doing? Getting better? Mine's doing pretty well, actually. The cold-ish air doesn't seem to be bothering me so much as it had been. Course, "cold" for me is balmy for you.......

I came home in a shoebox, but they threw the shoebox out. My first bassinette was a dresser drawer. Wasn't supposed to make it, but proved them wrong.

I came home in a shoebox, but they threw the shoebox out.  My first bassinette was a dresser drawer.  Wasn't supposed to make it, but proved them wrong. 
yeah I was really premature too....never really did grow up :lol:
Yes Rachel...breathing showing improvement every day now. Almost back to normal.Glad yours is better you got enough to deal with.....Phil

Last edited:
Story is, I was "premature" also. Cause my folks married in June, and I came along in early December. Must have been a preemie, right?

Then again, years later when they came out with "smoking causes low birth weight babies", my momma said she was thrilled she smoked a pack a day while pregnant. I was 8lbs 6oz. What would I have been without those smokes?

Course, that's probably why I got leukemia 42 years later......I'd never ever joke about that with her, though.

Night all. I'm sleeping in in the morning, the dogs willing!

Story is, I was "premature" also. Cause my folks married in June, and I came along in early December. Must have been a preemie, right?

Then again, years later when they came out with "smoking causes low birth weight babies", my momma said she was thrilled she smoked a pack a day while pregnant. I was 8lbs 6oz. What would I have been without those smokes?

Course, that's probably why I got leukemia 42 years later......I'd never ever joke about that with her, though.

Night all. I'm sleeping in in the morning, the dogs willing!
I was under five pounds....they wouldn't let me go home until I reached five pounds...my mom swears the nurse stuck her thumb the scale.

Back
Top Bottom