My leukemia's back.

I was wondering if you were doing better. Sorry it's being so slow.

I'm okay-ish. Still coughing stuff up from time to time, but not excessively short of breath. I did manage to do some cleaning of the breeding pens today, pitching heavy wet bedding and pushing/dumping the wheelbarrow. I got WAY too optimistic loading the barrow the first time, though. Couldn't budge the thing an inch! Had to get the other barrow, fork small amounts of the wet bedding into it, dump that, repeat until the main barrow was light enough for me to move. Sucks being weak! This was also broken up by vigorous bouts of sitting on a hay bale, watching the barn cat.

I did get a little work out this morning. I didn't shut the stall when feeding and my wench mare Daffy got out. Usually, we have an understanding that we're both too old and fat to play the chase me games, but she was full of vinegar today due to the wind. Our deal is, if she won't come to me, she's got to be moving. No standing and eating. So, I got to chase her over the pasture and into the garden. I'm not much for chasing these days, but thankfully she's not much for running. Roscoe did try to help, she tapped him with a hind foot for his trouble. He decided to stay closer to me after that
roll.png
. I didn't mind so much her being out, but she sure tore the pasture up quite a bit with all the running around. Then, out of the blue, she turns and faces me and has this total "Oh, are you out here for me?" look. I cluck to her and she walks right up to me and drops her head for the lead rope. Wench. Then when I put her back in the paddock, she had to go kick the crap out of the other mare for daring to eat her hay while Daffy was out gallivanting around. Yep, Big Excitement at the One Acre Swamp.

Looks so sweet and innocent, doesn't she?

Rachel. that is so . . . so horse! They gotta test the boundaries all of the time. Daffy wanted to see if you were still "boss mare," and as hard as it was for you, I'm glad that you were up to the challenge. You rock!

When my mare Latte decides to push the envelope, it can get pretty scary - bucking, rearing, kicking; mostly done for effect, because she wants to see if she can make you back down. Mentioning which, I see BB2K has gotten her out; I'd better go supervise . . . .

Rachel. that is so . . . so horse! They gotta test the boundaries all of the time. Daffy wanted to see if you were still "boss mare," and as hard as it was for you, I'm glad that you were up to the challenge. You rock!

When my mare Latte decides to push the envelope, it can get pretty scary - bucking, rearing, kicking; mostly done for effect, because she wants to see if she can make you back down. Mentioning which, I see BB2K has gotten her out; I'd better go supervise . . . .

Daffy and I have reached a pretty good understanding over the years. I've had her since I think 1994, so we're pretty tight.

Amy, on the other hand, I never really connected to. She is the one getting rowdy at feeding time lately, doing the bucking in place in the stall. She and I are going to have to have a conversation here soon, but so far she's not doing anything when I'm in there, she waits until just after I leave, or before I go in. I don't want to have a session while I'm here alone in case things don't go as I plan
hmm.png
. Maybe this week while the boys are home I'll have a few sessions with her, just to be sure she's understanding I'm still boss. Half the time I'd love to sell her, but she's hardly broke (yep, our fault) and so big I don't think anyone would want her. Oh, and she's missing an eye.....just for an added challenge!

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you who share the love' compassion and humour on Rachel's forum,....you all give unconditionally to the collective support we have found in one another...you are all what makes humanity the best...

I wish you all and your extended families great health and a magical time in the festive season...

Oh....and Rachel...I have a horse and she has much the same traits as your "naughty" one....a spirited soul...but then you have an indomitable spirit....!

Love to all of you!

Back
Top Bottom