My leukemia's back.

Gee Phil, my Big Boy bought an old beater Buick that apparently needs a new engine. How bout you pop over here and put one in? I'll pay you in pork
cool.png

Breathing was a little hard this morning. Not sure if it's a weather thing or what. But I'm feeling better now, time to dispatch a couple of roosters. Echo was up all night vomiting, so maybe some good chicken soup is in the works.

Sumi posted this today on the Quotes and Thoughts thread...thought some of you would enjoy so I'm passing it along...

Good morning all. Super busy this morning. Or should I say this week ...(more accurate). Getting as ready for winter as we can. Got rid of two rabbits. Traded them for tarps and weed eater string. They will be on the dinner table at my friend's Road Kill party. We go every year. People bring squirrel & dumplings, venison dishes, and various other dishes. I bring a big pot of regular old beef chili :D. And I am very careful what I try there! :sick. They used to call it a harvest fest, but it evolved. Rednecks ;). You all have a great day!

Good morning all. Super busy this morning. Or should I say this week ...(more accurate). Getting as ready for winter as we can. Got rid of two rabbits. Traded them for tarps and weed eater string. They will be on the dinner table at my friend's Road Kill party. We go every year. People bring squirrel & dumplings, venison dishes, and various other dishes. I bring a big pot of regular old beef chili
big_smile.png
. And I am very careful what I try there!
sickbyc.gif
. They used to call it a harvest fest, but it evolved. Rednecks
wink.png
. You all have a great day!

Outpost, your friend's party reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He made a regular practice of picking up road kill, fixing whatever it was up in a crock pot and bringing it in to work lunches. No one ever touched his crock pot!
sickbyc.gif

Outpost, your friend's party reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He made a regular practice of picking up road kill, fixing whatever it was up in a crock pot and bringing it in to work lunches. No one ever touched his crock pot!
sickbyc.gif

We used to have a 'once a week' work lunch. I made a pot of Sauerbraten squirrel. Everyone loved it until I told them what it was. One woman actually vomited (her multiple servings).
idunno.gif

Good morning all. Super busy this morning. Or should I say this week ...(more accurate). Getting as ready for winter as we can. Got rid of two rabbits. Traded them for tarps and weed eater string. They will be on the dinner table at my friend's Road Kill party. We go every year. People bring squirrel & dumplings, venison dishes, and various other dishes. I bring a big pot of regular old beef chili
big_smile.png
sickbyc.gif
wink.png

sickbyc.gif

We used to have a 'once a week' work lunch. I made a pot of Sauerbraten squirrel. Everyone loved it until I told them what it was. One woman actually vomited (her multiple servings).
idunno.gif
You guys have made my day!!!! I've mentioned that I want to try cooking squirrel. Plenty of them around and one wouldn't be missed! I get a lot of funny looks when I mention that. Any thing special about the prep of them? (Of course, the hair has got to go! JK!)

You guys have made my day!!!! I've mentioned that I want to try cooking squirrel. Plenty of them around and one wouldn't be missed! I get a lot of funny looks when I mention that. Any thing special about the prep of them? (Of course, the hair has got to go! JK!)
You would skin them to remove the "hair"(fur?)

big_smile.png
sickbyc.gif
wink.png
Sounds like an awesome party - always fun to try new things, especially if prepared by someone who knows how to work with whatever it is.

Gee Phil, my Big Boy bought an old beater Buick that apparently needs a new engine. How bout you pop over here and put one in? I'll pay you in pork
cool.png

Breathing was a little hard this morning. Not sure if it's a weather thing or what. But I'm feeling better now, time to dispatch a couple of roosters. Echo was up all night vomiting, so maybe some good chicken soup is in the works.
Oh no, hope the sickness doesn't spread to the rest of you!

Sounds yummy.... We just want to go home... Been watching the grandkids this weekend. Had my daughter watch my ducks.
But she just called and said her engine blew up in her Jeep.... Looks like I'll be putting a motor in it this week

Funny how as we get older it takes less and less time for us to be ready to just be home, I'm sure you've enjoyed the time with the grandkids, but I'm a homebody at heart and would be ready to go home too!

Hi all!

Nice rainy day here in Oregon. I'm inspired to do some Fall Cleaning....got the dining area done yeaterday. Working on the living room today, with BYC breaks of course
wink.png
. I'm finishing off split pea soup for lunch, and will start a pot of minestrone....trying to keep soup available for The Locusts, since the weather is cooperating.

Meeting with the Realtor tonight. We really need to move, cause we still can't keep the darn buckling in our pasture.

Honey got a buck last night, little forked horn. Not too big, but it's some meat. I said we should bring Mac (the goat buckling) up to watch us skin out the deer---threaten that's what would happen to him if he hopped the fence again
smack.gif

Beautiful weather we're having the last couple of days - loving it! Hope the meeting with the realtor goes well, it's time for you guys to be settled in "your" place where you can truly start putting down the roots you want and move forward with all you want to do (and where Mac can be contained, lol)

We've got a for sale sign!

So, for you long term married folks----you know when you wander into something you thought the two of you felt the same about, but apparently you have different opinions, and it's so different you think your spouse has been taken over by an alien?

We've been having problems keeping our darn buckling on our property. Our neighbor has been very tolerant, but it's been quite stressful to me. I've tried reinforcing the fence, tying him to a tire, locking him in the chicken pen, reinforcing the fence again....this is really wearing on me. Talked to Honey last night---he feels the neighbor needs to fix the fence so the goat can't get over there.

th.gif

Seriously.

I can't believe he thinks that. It's our goat. Our animal, our responsibility to contain. If the situation were reversed, it would be the neighbor's responsibility to contain. I was floored at his stance. Just one of those Black Holes of Marriage, I guess.

Anyway, the goat is in the chicken pen again. There' a chair wedged under the door of the coop so they can't break out again
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom