Neighbor's dog killing my chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electric fencing is cheap. Like, really cheap. Everything but the posts can be had for under a hundred dollars. Not sure what the layout of your property is, since 5 acres can be long and skinny, but posts can be very cheap as well if need be, 2x4s ripped in thirds and then cut in half, you end up with posts that cost less than 50 cents each and can be placed 20 feet apart. you could probably do your 5 acres for under 200 dollars.

You can't afford a couple hundred dollars to fence off even 2 acres for the chickens and dogs to roam? What is the value of the eggs that aren't going to be laid now? What happens when you kill his dog, and he gets mad that you are letting your dogs free roam your property (And presumably, his) and he calls the animal control, and they impound all of your free range animals? What do you think that will cost to get everything back? What happens when someone claims your dog bit them and they sue you? Just the time off to go to court to defend yourself can be expensive.

200 dollars to fence off your property, or part of it, is very cheap insurance.

We don't free range, unless we're out ther. And I don't care if he calls animal control. We have a right to shot his dog the law says so. And my dogs don't leave our yard. So thank u very much. And my moms the only one working right now my dad got laid off. So... We're doing all we can.

Last edited:
I wish I lived closer I would let you borrow mine! I even have a netting type we use for sheep! And I have enough since we set it up to hold cattle in on hundreds of acres. I don't know what to tell you except keep an eye on the dog! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom