NY chicken lover!!!!

Well I need a bit of help. @PhoredaBurds I sold 3 of my gold spitzhauben x white leghorn teens tonight. The lady fell in love with them and wants more come spring. Now, the part I need help with is what to call them. Can I even get away with crossing 2 breeds and naming the new breed? Plus the teens are your fault for making me buy spitz and golden boy last year lol, joking. So I see it only fair you help me with a name.

Lol. How about Spitzhorns or Leghaubens? I think you can call them whatever you'd like.
1f600.png

I think it's a very bored person who wants to feel special. Either way my boys have a new home as of tonight. They will have 30 a acres and 60 hens. Now @tao chick I can have the barbanter boy you need gone.
Hooray! I'm happy your Spritzhorns have a new home. PM me and we'll work on details. Monday might be easiest for me to meet you somewhere.

Well, Angus is dping great... but that BR roo I picked up is BAD news. Gonna place the call to the processors tomorrow.....he's vicious towards my nicest hens! I'm not gonna chance it.

For those of you who don't know, I'm big on reading and encourage my grandkids to be read to by their parents and of course gramma and grampa.

The new book came today, though an Old book to us that we'd not bought at the time we discovered it.

"The Old Ladies Who Liked Cats". by Carol Greene, Pictures by Loretta Krupinski. It's a great book for cat lovers to read to their kids old and young.

GREAT idea! I just ordered this book and am anxious to get it. I read the reviews and it is highly recommended. The description of the book sold me, quickly. This will be great to open up a discussion!

Quote:

Well, Angus is dping great... but that BR roo I picked up is BAD news. Gonna place the call to the processors tomorrow.....he's vicious towards my nicest hens! I'm not gonna chance it.

That's a bummer. Angus should cover your hens well for a bit. Did you set any eggs in the incubator to try for Freddy Mercury offspring? You might still have time.

That's a bummer. Angus should cover your hens well for a bit. Did you set any eggs in the incubator to try for Freddy Mercury offspring? You might still have time.
I wish I had an incubator but no. I have a lot going on here and really no time for tending chicks. I have many of Freddie's feathers and photos, that will do. Angus is a sweetheart, has really won himself a spot here.

Oooooh! Hooray! The lady I got the BR roo from will take him back!........on condition that I take a very young cockerel instead. Fair with me. And her silkies are all spoken for, I don't quite rember who asked....once I make the trade off, I'll review the posts more thoroughly.

Last edited:
If I lived closer to any of you with roosters I woulf have given at least one a good home. I have two right now, but the one is slated for the pot after molting, and the other just shows no interest in being a boy. Yet. And I am just breeding for color, so I am not picky haha!

Back
Top Bottom