Our sweet dog Lolli had her puppies! (UPDATE PG5 NEW PICS ADDED)

I talked to my vet this morning and they told me they had some stuff to give nursing females to help produce milk also I am gonna get some vitamins also for her and puppychow. Pups are doing fine this morning they seems nice and full with little round bellies. very alert and have pretty pink gums. My vet said due to lack of her sac size she could have milk now but fastly run out Or not have enough to provide for all pups. So it was best to get the stuff that will help her produce more milk. So Hopfully it works the vet said it would 100% work so I feel so much releaved.

Quote:
if these are chewable supplements they need to be given starting at least 2 weeks before whelp..it takes that long for chewables to get in the system,injectables are the ones to use after whelp or when needed.

Quote:
while I dont agree with them needing carbs,,I would guess she is getting plenty of carbs from whatever kibble is being fed,unless it is a grain free kibble,it is choke full of carbs.

I always cook my eggs for the dogs- I was educated a long time back, that raw eggs leach biotin out of the system. It was a practice that stuck with me, didn't want to risk it.

I'm with Redeyre, I would recommend the cottage cheese instead. If you can gently pinch the skin and it falls back, that is a good sign they are not dehydrated. Skin that stays 'pinched up' or doesn't fall back can show dehydration. Sounds like they are doing well. Best wishes

They gave me chewable Calcuim and a Chewable Viatmin for her. She is to take 4 of the Calcuim pills a day 2 in the morning and 2 at night and 1 Viatmin a day. Mom and pups were checked today, I was right! I knew she didnt have much milk but pups are healthy. I checked her tonight and guess what? She is plentiful in milk!!!!!!!! Also I got her some Science diet puppy food. So I'm a little more relaxed and releaved now. Now I can enjoy the cuties and give them kisses instead of checking for diastress even tho I will still keep a close eye on mom and pups. Thank you everyone for the advice!

Quote:
Happens to us humans too.
tongue.png

Best wishes with those adorable puppies!

Back
Top Bottom