OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS (OTC) IMPACTED BY NEW FDA PRESCRIPTION REQUIREMENTS INITIATIVE

Drugs recycled into animal feed... another reason to raise your own food.

Ugh! Absolutely; and yet another reason to get OMRI approved ammendments for soil... That's deceptively irritating that we USE feather meal (from ours, of course lol) in addition to bonemeal, bloodmeal, etc... TONS of byproduct in organic farming. That kind of deception is how those chemicals would slip through the cracks into Certified Organic food!

:p

I give up! :(

Last edited:
There are zero Vets that will see any poultry in this area. Only one will see sheep and goats and they are nearly 3 hours away, one way.

I do have to de worm my poultry every 6 months in this area and the only thing that works is Valbazen. Corid is only needed once a year, normally during the wet season. When I lived in the Pacific NW.. had no issues with anything. Here... you do have to care for your birds if you want them to live.
I use as little drugs as possible but some times its needed. Have only used antibiotics 1 time in 4 years and the young birds treated, improved a lot the first day and were fine by day 5. I knew what they had and knew which antibiotic would work best.
Luckily, I have had Vets in the past, teach me a lot. They knew I would move to areas,without Vets or without good Vets and I would still need to take care of my animals.

Only ones I have seen abuse drugs, is the big commercial farms, which feed their animals antibiotics and god knows what.

(Pumpkin seeds, DE and so on, do not work in this area. I have done fecal samples to confirm this)

What they are doing is treating all of us, like we are too stupid to know right from wrong, to stupid to know if an animal needs help. What's next, we are too stupid to grow our own food?

Last edited:
One will still be able to buy wormers like Safeguard, Valbazen, ivermectin, and injectable antibiotics, and "fish" antibiotics.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom