PLEASE HELP. Opened egg on day 25. *graphic photos*

Quote:
I am so very sorry
hugs.gif
It does look like it quit early. What was your humidity???
I would candle the others before giving up, just to make sure.

again, so sorry
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yep, I had humidity problems at one point, so I finally calibrated my hyrometers and one was off 10% and the other 12%! So when I thought I had 65% at lockdown it was actually over 75%!!!

thanks everyone for your replies. I candled on thursday and saw no movement in any of them. Yes i have had problems from day one. shipping, thermometers, bator. everything.
hit.gif
so it is a consensus that i did not kill this chick? it died beforehand? shall i assume the other three have had the same fate? My humidity was all over the place, but during lockdown it was between 70 and 80. i thought that was right. guess i was wrong.

I can not tell exactly how developed they were when they died. It may have been too much humidity but I would not expect that in Nevada.
If you can not control it, the only way to prevent humidity problems it to monitor the weight loss or size of the air space in the future.
After 22 days you will never hatch a healthy chick, sorry.

Quote:
I have to respecfully Disagree with that, I have hatched healthy chicks as late as day 24, my temps were just off, which is why I use at least 2 Thermometer/hygrometers in every incubator.

Back
Top Bottom