Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Quote:
Very Cool Charlie and Jody!!! Good job.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I have a very dear friend and she has a friend that imported some Buff, Black, Mottled, Blue, and I don't know what else..and ya wonna know the BEST part? I'm getting some eggs from her friend for "free"!!
wee.gif
..Hopefully it works out!
fl.gif
fl.gif

~Aspen

thanks Tony, it has been lots of fun so far..
ya.gif
esp finding pen space with all the other wild species, projects and standard colors going on in our Araucana and Orpington worlds..

brooders are also full of::::lavender Araucana chickys and Orpington chickys in: white, black, split lav, buf and some pure white bobwhites..soon (fall into winter hatching)orps in:: Milli fleurs and black mottled and Lemon cuckoo chickys

Beth it is just sniped from another site and img'ed...
frow.gif

Last edited:
thought i would put up a couple pics for jody..please forgive the poor quality of the pics,.had to take these with camera phone cause we left in a hurry around 4 am for got the digiAl camera in another bag..of all the times to do that!!!
so these are a little poor quality..i have quite a few but accidently uploaded them as bmp and they wont be accepted in these pic files.

In this pic, they had just placed mr softie on champion row so I ran over and snapped a pic..you cant miss the big guy..bottom right, they were over collecting up the other champs so i had a clear shot
35675_poultry_show1.png

in this one, the judges were deciding on overall champs..they were pulling out the birds one by one for final LF decision..the bantam and waterfowl cages are over to my right out of frame but did get a few pics of them
35675_poultry3.png

when we got home we were exhausted but i snapped this pic. we even received an award that I didnt at the time know about..jodys cockeral won best overall orpinton and a cash award.so exciting!
the english class was quite large..it draws a lot of australorp breeders..the wonderful bob whitneys australorp hen was grand champion english, mr softie was reserve ..i beleive there were around 1100 birds there.they were taking pics and posing softie for a picture in pountry press..should be in october issue..
softie won BB,BV,RESERVE ENGLISH and best orpington
jodys pullet won RV...
35675_poultryshowwinnins.png

when im not so dog tired i will get out the digital and get some better pics

Last edited:
Beth G. :

Okay Charlie I have to ask how did you create that? That is sooo cool!!!
Quote:

LOL...Love that, thanks!!!. and thank you to everybody for the congrats...we are just so happy with the birds...big....beautiful, easy to work with and at no time in showing history have i ever had a bird go hop into his training cageof his own accord and sing to himself. until started training mr softie..they usually dont want anything to do with it.so that was a first..i think he was having as much fun getting ready as i was..hee hee..i had to make a BIG cage in a hurry as he was too big for the regular cages we use..i threw that thing together but he loves it for reasons we dont understand..

here he is jumped up in there and was singing to himself..sneaked up on him and took a pic.i had to disassemblehis cage till next year..hes still looking to jump up in his cage.
35675_p1010041.jpg

Last edited:
Always nice to see a Black Orp win! nice job!

I have a few I hadn't shown any pics of yet.
This is what I got from taking my only Lav cock to a 50/50 cross of Black Orp over Cuckoo Wyandotte hen. Sorta looks like a Cuckoo Blue to me.
003-35.jpg

This one should turn out a nice color of Buff. I took my one Doug $20 Buff cockbird with the fantastic color to one of my girls from last year.
Doug's birds always have the best color.
004-36.jpg

A nice chunky Black cockerel. He is from Feran. Feran is a tank nowadays.
I expect this guy will grow out nicely
006-32.jpg

Nice! I wish I still had my black orp, I love the green shine in those feathers.
Good luck with those free eggs!
thumbsup.gif

ep.gif
oh my -smiles ear to ear-
I would love to have a lemon cuckoo and a blue cuckoo!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I have 4 Black orps ( 2 boys 2 gals) and they're all little angels!
love.gif
I have one hen named Betsy, she has a little attitude but she is such a big baby!
love.gif
Sometimes I think I could sell all my other chickens and just have the orps.
bow.gif

~Aspen

Quote:
post an updated picture of Feran, i'd like to see.

i have a orpington rooster, Ray, that i describe as a tank as well. he's darling, will sidle right up to me when he wants to be picked up; started doing that to my dog as well...

Back
Top Bottom