Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Very cool bear pics! I have my current game cam still on the deck. Just received the new one and am trying to figure it out. It's out doing a test run right now. But, I caught this nasty creature who has been prowling my deck nightly and scaring my cat. I had the camera accidentally set to video for some reason, guess I went one click too far.

0.jpg

0.jpg

The video helped me figure out that this black cat is an unneutered tomcat, which may be why my fixed orange tabby guy, though he's 12 lbs, won't mess with him. It's the second short clip that showed the family jewels, but it's not finished uploading yet. Will add it when it is.

0.jpg

Here it is, shows it's a male, which we suspected anyway. Nobody around here seems to neuter anything.

0.jpg

And again, last night. I think a trap is in order. He's invading my cat's happy place. Plus, fat possum was back and got into the trash again. He'll get a lead sleeping pill if we catch him. The cat, well, if animal control will even take him, that's where he'll go, but most likely they won't. Not sure what we'd do if we trapped the cat. The Humane Society is overrun with them already.

Last edited:
For the first time ever, we caught a fox on the game camera. And I've had one for years pointed back this way. Of course, we've heard them, seen the tracks, seen one in person a couple of times, but never got a picture. It's sort of at the outside range so not a great pic. This is the new camera. I love that I can view the pics on it so that if there's nothing important, I don't have to hoof it back to the house to download, only to find it didn't catch anything but waving grasses.

He/she is looking toward the barn so could hear/smell the chickens or maybe my cat or one of the other cats that hangs around here, hard to say. They have kits now, I'd guess.

And the deer are in our pasture in full force, too. Fawns will be dropping soon, it not already, I guess. There were 30 pictures on the camera, all deer except the two fox pics, but these show the most and closest to the camera. Seems they notice when the picture is snapped. It's supposed to be no-glow so it may be making a sound.

What brand of camera is it? I looked but didn't find any available in the stores around me that have sporting goods so I bought a viewer I can carry out to the cameras to view the SD cards.

I ordered it from Amazon, this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N10WVL7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can do photo bursts, video or photo + video. It's easy to set up. It uses one of those teensy micro SD cards which needs a reader/adapter, so you have to buy one of those as well, but for the money, not too shabby, I'd say. There was some discrepancy in the no-glow or low-glow, says both in the description, depending on where you read, but it didn't scare away the game, so whatever, it's fine. For $76, I feel it's an excellent bargain. My Stealth Cam with no viewer was $128 a few years ago.

Quote:

Last edited:
@thomasboyle I know we have bears around us, found where someone had poached one in our neighborhood once, folks have talked about seeing a sow and cubs in years past, but never actually saw one in person on our property nor caught tracks. I'm waiting for the day my game camera catches one, though! Great, great pictures!

@thomasboyle I know we have bears around us, found where someone had poached one in our neighborhood once, folks have talked about seeing a sow and cubs in years past, but never actually saw one in person on our property nor caught tracks. I'm waiting for the day my game camera catches one, though! Great, great pictures!

CT is talking about starting bear hunting season. If it does pass, I hope it is knife hunting only! I enjoy seeing all the wildlife in my backyard.

Back
Top Bottom