Question on GMO feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, you have nothing to back up any of your claims, so you just ramble and hope no one will notice
It seems to be a pattern
And where is your proof that crops that have been screwed with are safe?? You seem to think just because we are not growing 3 eyes after a short time, all is good. We can't just blindly buy certified organic, as the gov has messed that up also. Many farmers & businesses are already playing to the consumer's wish for non GMO stuff. Hopefully it will continue until it's too difficult to grow GMO. I only hope non GMO crops are not 100% contaminated by then.

In other words, you have nothing to back up any of your claims, so you just ramble and hope no one will notice
It seems to be a pattern

You can perpetuate misinformation by accusing people of hysteria while insulting their intelligence. You accomplish nothing. My claims are backed by the science community not on Biotech company payrolls. Like I said, enjoy your poison. Those who know will avoid it.

I've already answered that first question, but once more, simply show me your proof

You say you know they are out there, so show them
You say there's a cancer study, so show it.

But I'm pretty sure it will be the same old study that's already been shown at least twice in this thread and I've shown where at least 6 different countrie's Govt food safety agencies said it was a totally worthless study

Like I said in a previous post, if you have proof, simply post it, BUT if all you have is junk science from Huber, Pusztai, or Saralini, then don't bother because those were shot down a long time ago.
Still beating your drum despite the fact that the Saralini study was proven valid on this very forum? I suppose you will go on beating your drum on the next forum and the next, just as if what was discovered here had never happened. Perhaps you have a case of Stockholm syndrome? The truth is where it always was: Hiding in plain sight.

But don't go around spreading misinformation about how "bad" they are unless you can prove it scientifically
So far, no one has

In the end , the truth always "wins"
No, the truth doesn't always win. Take for example the Maine, the Lusitania, the gulf of Tonkin, and "weapons of mass destruction." All lies that won. However, the gig may be up for GMO. Even the corporate-controlled NY Times admits that gmo is a failure:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/why-do-g-m-o-s-need-protection/

"We should also note that far less expensive – sometimes 100 times less expensive – conventional breeding techniques have outstripped genetic engineering techniques over the last 20 years."

"Genetic engineering in agriculture has disappointed many people who once had hopes for it. Excluding, of course, those who’ve made money from it, appropriately represented in the public’s mind by Monsanto"

"“There was no better way to create weeds tolerant to glyphosate (Roundup) than to spray all of them intensively for a few years,” Gurian-Sherman told me. “And that’s what was done.”
The result is that the biggest crisis in monocrop agriculture – something like 90 percent of all soybeans and 70 percent of corn is grown using Roundup Ready seed – lies in glyphosate’s inability to any longer provide total or even predictable control, because around a dozen weed species have developed resistance to it. “Any ecologist would have predicted this, and many did,” Gurian-Sherman said."

It's over Bear Foot. It's time to change your opinion.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh Boy, we sure are smearing the lip stick on this non-GMO pig pretty thickly aren’t we? Since when does Bt corn kill rats? You can make up facts better than that can't you?

There are by the way two or more components involved with Bt pesticides, all are employed in both ORGANIC and in NON-ORGANIC agriculture. The Bt or GMO version of food crops like corn has a very small and did I mention tinny (?) sliver of the genetic code of the Bacillus thuringiensis organism spliced into its genetic code.

B. Thuringiensis has been around for at least as long as human beings have lived on Earth. Bt was likely watching when the last dinosaur died. The Bt organism does not kill by way of a poison like most germs do but instead once inside a caterpillar it perforates the gut membrane causing the caterpillar’s own intestinal bacteria or flora and fauna to attack its host from the inside out. In other words the caterpillar dies from peritonitis.

Because Bacillus thuringiensis is a common soil bacteria we humans have been eating it since the first cave man dropped his pterodactyl drumstick on the cave floor and invoked the 3 second rule.

However claiming that the Bacillus thuringiensis germ dissipates in a few days or hours is wishful thinking on your part. Besides, applications of Bacillus thuringiensis can be applied less than one hour before harvest. Bacillus thuringiensis is a rod shaped gram-positive or spore producing bacteria and no one is even sure how long bacteria spores live in nature. A gram-positive or spore producing bacteria, that causes American Foul Brood in honey bees is thought to live for 40 years or longer.

Another spore producing bacteria is our old friend Bacillus anthracis, the gram-positive rod shaped bacteria that causes anthrax. For those of you who may have forgotten look up the anthrax attacks in the US in the aftermath of 911. Bacillus anthracis is a killer of both humans and animals.

Here is another gram-positive germ that you may be familiar with, Bacillus botulinus. This gram-positive rod shaped germ produces the botulism toxin and it only thrives and reproduces in a low or in a no oxygen environment and this is the reason it is so dangerous if the bacteria or its spores remain in canned food. A seminar I attended years ago claimed that if you dipped your right index finger in a beaker of pure botulism toxin that there would be enough dried botulism poison remaining on your right index finger to kill 100,000 humans if each and every one only touched your right index finger with the tip of their tongue. That has got to be powerful stuff.

Remember now that Bt bacteria and their spores are sprayed in slurry form or dusted on raw organic crops from cabbages to kale to kill caterpillars. Are you sure that organic farmers little less the poor Monsanto workers
roll.png
(that some of you must think Monsanto keeps chained to their machines in an underground factory) can tell the difference between the safe rod shaped gram-positive Bt organism and the many deadly kinds of rod shaped gram-positive bacteria out there in nature???

From this stand point alone if any of you look at the real evidence you may prefer the GMO insect killing crops with a few Bt genes in them over the organic crops that have the entire Bacillus thuringiensis organism adhering to the skin of fruits and vegetables, plus the rock hard crystal like Bt spores embedded deeply in every nook and cranny.
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
It makes no difference to me what anyone "wants'
I just hate seeing people spreading false information to try and justify it.

You've always had a choice. If you don't want to eat anything you think is GMO, buy Certified Organic
It's that simple, and no one really cares either way

But don't go around spreading misinformation about how "bad" they are unless you can prove it scientifically
So far, no one has

In the end , the truth always "wins"

Bear Foot Farm - You keep repeating the same falsehood, that no one has provided scientific information that GMO's are bad for us. It won't become true just by repetition.

Denying something does not make it go away. You just attack any study that does not support your belief, refusing to consider the possibility that anything you don't agree with might actually be true.

Your tag line there - "the truth always 'wins'" ? It's pretty ironic, considering how hard you are working to deny the truth with your comments.

There are lots of studies showing that there are hazards to GMO crops - you just refuse to recognize them as being valid.

It's rather like jumping off the top of the Empire State Building with great confidence that you will not fall because no one can prove how gravity works. There's truth in the statement that no one has yet been able to prove how gravity works - but that doesn't mean you won't plummet to the ground.

Bear Foot Farm - You keep repeating the same falsehood, that no one has provided scientific information that GMO's are bad for us. It won't become true just by repetition.

Denying something does not make it go away. You just attack any study that does not support your belief, refusing to consider the possibility that anything you don't agree with might actually be true.

Your tag line there - "the truth always 'wins'" ? It's pretty ironic, considering how hard you are working to deny the truth with your comments.

There are lots of studies showing that there are hazards to GMO crops - you just refuse to recognize them as being valid.

It's rather like jumping off the top of the Empire State Building with great confidence that you will not fall because no one can prove how gravity works. There's truth in the statement that no one has yet been able to prove how gravity works - but that doesn't mean you won't plummet to the ground.

Cognitive dissonance. For example, when some people have a strongly held world view and are told that view is not correct, or they've been misled, they suffer from the dissonance the truth causes and will do all in their power to deny the truth. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Our corporate controlled media has turned a majority of the public into mindless sheep.

No, the truth doesn't always win. Take for example the Maine, the Lusitania, the gulf of Tonkin, and "weapons of mass destruction." All lies that won. However, the gig may be up for GMO. Even the corporate-controlled NY Times admits that gmo is a failure:

.... Conventionally bred drought resistance has raised yields around 30 percent in the last 30 years; Monsanto’s drought-resistant corn, says Gurian-Sherman, promises at most a 6 percent increase, and that only in moderate drought.... We’re using more pesticides than ever (something like 400 million pounds in the last 15 years),
Another lie is trying to win out over truth and this lie is being perpetrated by the people who are opposed to GMOs.
lol.png

Show me a GM verity of corn seed that is Genetically Modified for the drought resistant trait and that has been planted and that the results are in on the yields. You can't do it can you?

If you don't have the facts then don't spread pretty sounding but patented false facts about Monsanto's or any other seed companies' drought tolerate corn because they all still get their drought resistance from selective breeding thank you. At the present bio-tech companies are gene mapping drought tolerant corn to better understand which gene or genes in the corn plants DNA are responsible for drought tolerate corn. That said Monsanto is on the verge of introducing the first trans genetic drought tolerate corn variety called Drought Guard Corn. Unless you have a TIME MACHINE tucked away in your back yard there is yet not enough reliable data to say what Drought Guard's yield will be in the real world.

PSSST, if you do have a time machine hidden in your back yard, whose is going to win next years Super Bowl and what will the point spread be? Keep the answer under your hat and send me your answer by PM so we can both get in on this gravy train.
droolin.gif
celebrate.gif

Before I took on this subject I was afraid that I would be in over my head fact wise. However 300 posts in and I am far ahead in posting true, pr oven, and scientific, facts and with every key stroke I pull further and further ahead.

Back in the pristine 1950s when no one was autistic and all all the children were geneses, 400,000,000 pounds of sulfur was sprayed or dusted on just Up Land Cotton in only ONE YEAR to control JUST ONE insect(?) pest, spider mites. Over the same 15 year time period this means that GM has led a REDUCTION in chemical pesticides of some 6,000,000,000 pounds (With a B) and this reduction is just on Up Land Cotton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom