sebright thread

Here is what I was able to get this morning The Sebright's were so much easier to photograph then the others. Momma is very mad at me now.

So precious!! Thank you. I'm glad momma permitted it.... sorry that she's mad at you now though.

Mine were so much darker in the black areas, I'm thinking that's not a good sign for me.
roll.png

I have 6 more in my incubator right now, day 14.

So precious!!   Thank you.  I'm glad momma permitted it.... sorry that she's mad at you now though.

Mine were so much darker in the black areas, I'm thinking that's not a good sign for me.  :rolleyes:

I have 6 more in my incubator right now, day 14. 
I haven't really seen it make a big difference once they are grown. Dark baby grown out is pic #1 and pic #2 is a lighter chick grown out

I haven't really seen it make a big difference once they are grown. Dark baby grown out is pic #1 and pic #2 is a lighter chick grown out

Nice! I was actually thinking after I posted that, I wonder how much difference it makes.

I think maybe more around the hackle feathers is where I see the most difference in mine. Does anyone know if darker or lighter hackle feathers are more desirable in the hens?
I have a couple that are lighter, and a couple darker.

Nice! I was actually thinking after I posted that, I wonder how much difference it makes.

I think maybe more around the hackle feathers is where I see the most difference in mine. Does anyone know if darker or lighter hackle feathers are more desirable in the hens?
I have a couple that are lighter, and a couple darker.

that bottom hen looks like my hen, Iris

I have some sebright eggs in my incubator will be for 2 weeks this Wednesday they ate either silver or golden sebrights

what do you get by breeding a gold roo with a silver hen and vice versa?

These are notes that I took when I first researched silver and gold. Somewhat contradictory, but maybe someone else will chime in with what is correct

1. If the hen is silver, the male chicks will be silver, the female chicks will be gold. If the roo is silver, then all the chicks, male and female could be silver.

2. If the roo is gold, and hen is silver, then all hens will be gold and the roosters will be an off color of the two. Silver rooster/gold hen, only the hens will be silver.

I do know that the silver is passed to the opposite gender offspring.

Back
Top Bottom