sebright thread

Pics
What a pretty little girl! Her coloration looks quite dark! My Golden hen is a very similar color, but my rooster is much lighter. Is this color considered ideal for showing? I'm not planning on showing my little ones, they're pets only, I was just curious.

My Little Gold hen won "Best of Variety" and "Best of Breed" in RI this past weekend!!! I'm so proud of my little lady:) Now I just need to find a nice roo and another hen or 2...SOOOo hard to find this breed anywhere around me:(

My Little Gold hen won "Best of Variety" and "Best of Breed" in RI this past weekend!!! I'm so proud of my little lady:) Now I just need to find a nice roo and another hen or 2...SOOOo hard to find this breed anywhere around me:(

Nice looking bird! Were there many Sebrights there?

Th
Nice looking bird! Were there many Sebrights there?

There's was only a few others...I sure was hoping to see more or even some fire sale actually but no luck with that:( I think she is a little heavy on the lacing but not by much. I would prefer a lighter laced roo to balance but at this point I'll take any roo that's decent.

My Sebright cockerel has decided that his favorite girl is my Jersey Giant. He tries to mount her, but just ends up riding around on her back while she walks through the yard.
lau.gif

I'm not breeding them, so it doesn't really matter, but is this tiny girl a sebright? I got her from a buddy who got some feed store Banty's last year for his kids. I was wondering because she has a darker gypsy face than the others I see posted here. I don't have a cock for her. I just steal her long white eggs. I want to use her as a broody for my Asil. She set one clutch this spring, but something tore the nest up on day 17. She's just a ranger, so it really isn't any big deal. Just wondering. Sorry the pic is so far away. Thanks for looking. Blaine

Actually, she looks a lot like my pair, but maybe we wouldn't win a show? I dunno, never attempted as I assume mine aren't that high quality. Congrats on the win! She sure is purty! ;)

Back
Top Bottom