sebright thread

Pics

I have 2 16 week old Golden Sebright pullets (I think) that I need to sell. I got these guys in with a group of cochin banties as my first chicks. They aren't show quality I'm sure, what would be a fair price to ask for them? They arent hatchery birds

If your confident that they are SQ, at 4 months old I wouldnt do less than 15$ EACH. They are always in high demand it seems and someone will purchase I'm sure. Make a little $ to cover some feed for them:) If they are pet quality id sell for less like 8-10$EA

Here in North Mississippi, they'd probably bring $15-20, each, especially considering their excellent lacing. Pullets are highly desirable, and I just wish that you lived closer, 'cause that would be my offer right before I started the drive to your house. You can never have too many girls , when it comes to chickens! I only have 5 female Goldens...nowhere near enough to supply the eggs and chicks that people are asking me for. I also need about 5-7 more Silver girls. 'Brights are ALWAYS the attention-getters at the sales/trades.

I dont really have a good eye for this breed but they look exactly like what Ive seen at some shows :). How big(weight) should I expect them to be at this age? And shouldnt they start laying about any time? I got my first Cochin egg today!

Back
Top Bottom