sebright thread

Hey there, said I would post some pics of my Buff Laced Sebrights when they stopped looking so ratty. Well, they finally are looking like Sebrights and I got a somewhat decent shot of a couple of the girls. 12 weeks old tomorrow.

At one point I wasn't sure they were going to lace, but now each day they look better. My Silvers did the same, at 20 weeks each day gets better.

Hey there, said I would post some pics of my Buff Laced Sebrights when they stopped looking so ratty. Well, they finally are looking like Sebrights and I got a somewhat decent shot of a couple of the girls. 12 weeks old tomorrow.

At one point I wasn't sure they were going to lace, but now each day they look better. My Silvers did the same, at 20 weeks each day gets better.
nice girls. are tey girls or boys?

Did you cross sebrights and buff lace polish? If so, how did that work with the size difference? (Which roo over which pullet/hen?) Very interesting and pretty. What is their demeanor like?

Everything that I had read about sebrights before getting them stated that it was hard to sex them because of the hen feather pattern. My chicks are 12 days old and I have simply been watching them to try to determine sex. It isn't very hard when the boys are chest bumping already! They have the cutest little tail feathers showing now too. Anyone else have chicks?

This is my only Seabright I rescued her from a friends flooded coop I brought her home to see if I could do anything with this drenched listless pitiful little thing.

Its amazing on what a hairdryer, hoodie pocket, and small shoebox with a heating pad will do. Now if the little rascal would remember who saved her. She is having no part of being a pet chicken. I guess all that spirit is what brought her through it. Meet Sally Seabright.

Back
Top Bottom