sebright thread

Here are some face pictures that are only a couple days old.
Definitely not a sebright. Looks to be just what it was labelled at the store, an Ameruacana (perhaps an Easter egger?). Full body pictures would help to determine gender. If I were to guess based on the last two pictures, I'd say you've got yourself a nice pullet. :) Enjoy!

Thank you both i will go check out that thread definitely
here is the full Body pic anyways taken today

Hi all I thought I would jump in and introduce myself I picked up my 6 silver sebrights from the feed store yesterday. I think I have 2 roos and 4 pullets, does anyone know if the wing feathers indicate gender like it does in most standard sized chickens? I love all the pictures of the little beauties. Mine will be housed indoors year round since we got them for the kids to show them as 4-H projects for the next several years to come. I know it isn't the best quality but here are my babies yesterday.

Here are some face pictures that are only a couple days old.
Your little one looks half breed. It has cheeks like an ameraucana, but the lacing does suggest some silver laced sebright. if mama was an amerauana, your baby can still reach standard size. we used to get mixes from our sebright roo over our bigger girls, and they were either medium sized chickens or even larger than mama :).

Hello everybody,

I am starting a small backyard flock soon, and Sebrights are one of my favorite breeds. Does anyone know where I can get day-old, female chicks? I live where roosters aren't allowed, so they would need to be sexed. I am hoping for both silver and solden sebrights, show quality if possible. I would only like two or three birds. I live in California, so local breeders or breeders who ship are a must. Does anyone know a Sebright breeder who has available chickens? I wouldn't be ordering immediately, it would be some time after August.

Thank you,
AnimalLover0330

Hello everybody,

I am starting a small backyard flock soon, and Sebrights are one of my favorite breeds. Does anyone know where I can get day-old, female chicks? I live where roosters aren't allowed, so they would need to be sexed. I am hoping for both silver and solden sebrights, show quality if possible. I would only like two or three birds. I live in California, so local breeders or breeders who ship are a must. Does anyone know a Sebright breeder who has available chickens? I wouldn't be ordering immediately, it would be some time after August. 

Thank you,
AnimalLover0330

Your not gonna find them sexed that young. I recommend buying at least 5-6 and selling or giving away any that turn out Roos. I've had it hapoen too many times someone comes to me to buy day/week olds and they want 4 hens so they buy 4 straight run even after I recommend buying more. Not about the money but about my experience and their expected results. VERY annoying when they come back to me 3 months later saying they got 1-2 hens. My advice, invest the whole extra 15-20$ now while they're young and it will pay off with good results. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom