sebright thread

I will be at the Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Wed. evening. Is there somewhere around there we could meet? I have not been in MI all that many years; and I don't get out much - so I really don't know where much of anything is. If Wed is not good let me know when would be.

They do need a better home. All they do is pace and act frantic and make that distressed chicken cheeping noise. The other 4 chickens just kind of stand back and watch, looking confused by all the up set.

just some updated pics from today's day pen trip

spending some QT with me after him and the other's got in to it today. He is one of two suspected roo's out of the six. Him and the other suspected roo are the only ones with a little spike at the top of his comb and is reddish color. Were the other four are not.

Can I breed gold x silver? I cam home from vacation and found out the good hearted lady who was watering my plants had taken it upon her self to mess with my chicken waterers and lights resulting in the deaths of my two turkey poults and young Sebright pullet. I had some one taking care of the animals, but he didn't catch it until to late.
he.gif
Now I have a beautiful Silver cockerel and no pullet for him. I have extra gold pullets, but would that cross make a mess? I know some silver x gold gives sexlinked chicks. I'm hoping that's the case with Sebrights. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thought I would show you what we have. 4 out of 7 eggs hatched. We were not sure what we had but now it seems we have a mix.
They all seem to have sebright colouring, one lighter. But two seem to have feathery legs, so have a bit of the silkie in them. And the light one I think might have a bit of the cream of the silkie making the brown lighter. What do you all think.

Can I breed gold x silver? I cam home from vacation and found out the good hearted lady who was watering my plants had taken it upon her self to mess with my chicken waterers and lights resulting in the deaths of my two turkey poults and young Sebright pullet. I had some one taking care of the animals, but he didn't catch it until to late.
he.gif
Now I have a beautiful Silver cockerel and no pullet for him. I have extra gold pullets, but would that cross make a mess? I know some silver x gold gives sexlinked chicks. I'm hoping that's the case with Sebrights. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Yes you can breed Silver and Golden. The offspring MAY be what is referred to as Buff or Chamois and is not currently officially recognized. One breeder, One Earth Farm, is actually breeding various colors of Sebrights now including lavender, lilac, citron, buff, gold and silver. How stable these colors breed is probably yet to be seen and if they will ever be OFFICIALLY recognized is very much up in the air.

Back
Top Bottom