sebright thread

Pics
Hi Sebright thread! These are such beautiful birds. My friend has a chick she is waiting to see if it is a hen and if so I may get her! I cant wait to find out!

Do sebrights go broody alot? Are the good moms?

I've been told that they don't go broody. But I know theres alot out there that do.

Thanks! I figured with them being bantams they probably would. I know my bantam girl just hatched out 3 chicks and I would love to have another breed that likes to be a momma. Although I have 8 silkies that arent laying yet but Im pretty sure when they do we will have broodys out the wazoo! Lol

Broodies are worth millions. I've got one right now. She's sitting on 6 eggs. 5 are her own and the 6th one is an OEGB, black variety.

Broodies are worth millions. I've got one right now. She's sitting on 6 eggs. 5 are her own and the 6th one is an OEGB, black variety.

Arent they though? I love them!! I just wish my BO would go broody! She wants to but she just cant commit. She would be a great momma and could hold ALOT of eggs under all that fluff!

fl.gif
I really really want my lone little Golden Sebright chick to be a hen. I know my buddy wants one very bad but he can't have any roosters. He had a pair of Silver but they were both killed by hawks. The little roo gave up his life for his hen and then the hen gave her life for Gracie. Yep Gracie is the avatar in the post above this one. I have named the chick Chloe and it acts a lot like a hen but it may just be wishful thinking! I sold my trio to make room for some new breeds and I only had 3 Golden eggs which I kept when the fellow picked up the trio. I had 2 hatch but one only lived about 12 hours. I know my friend has wanted to replace the ones he lost. He didn't know when he got the first ones from me that his neighbor hood restricts chickens to hens only. If anybody can give me a hint how to tell if Chloe is a he or she please let me know. If it is a he I guess it can go in my miscellaneous pen!

Arent they though? I love them!! I just wish my BO would go broody! She wants to but she just cant commit. She would be a great momma and could hold ALOT of eggs under all that fluff!

big_smile.png
fl.gif
I really hope you can get another hen to go broody. I can't get my Barred Old English Bantam,Sugar, to get off an empty nest. I think it is because her sister,Spice, is setting on a nest of 7 eggs. If I can find some bantam eggs to put under her I will. I wouldn't put standard eggs under her cause she is young and not very big. Hey Scarlett 456 how is your substitute momma doing with" her" babies?

I have a neighbor that is looking for show quality Sebrights. If you could hooks us up with hatching eggs or chicks we would deeply appreciate it. Thanks Christina aka justbugged

Hi guys. This is my Golden Sebright Chevy, I got her at the poultry auction for 6 dollars. I'm curious about how she stands up to the Standard of Perfection. My little brother needs a chicken for 4-H and i thought these little bantams would be great for him. i have a few Tractor Supply chicks right now, and i've hatched one of her eggs. the chick was much much much smaller than the TSC sebrights and she is a tiny chicken by herself. I'm thinking she might be of good quality, so i'm giving you guys final say on her. good for show or no?

Back
Top Bottom