wee.gif
and here are my pictures
ya.gif

chick 1

chick2

chick 3

chick 4 (one of my favs :)

chick 5

chick 6 (another fav and the smallest) also this ones been in quarantine (I dont know if it got hurt or had a respiratory problem but we are treating it with vet RX) but is almost completely better
jumpy.gif

chick 7 (this one has a single comb) and is the darkest

last one! chick 8 (this one also has a single comb)

These are just hatchery babies and are to be ornamental pets...and I love just them!!!
love.gif

Oh I should have looked here long ago , so here's Monarch after seeing the chicks and hearing how hard to come by they are I'm thinking I need to make an attempt at breeding her. I know of a roo that is available locally that I could likely get for a song. What do you think of her type color etc. ?

Oh I should have looked here long ago , so here's Monarch after seeing the chicks and hearing how hard to come by they are I'm thinking I need to make an attempt at breeding her. I know of a roo that is available locally that I could likely get for a song.  What do you think of her type color etc. ?

She does have good lacing but it's hard to tell if she has good posture and wing position from the picture. I think she's worthy of breeding:)

Not what i needed to hear but what i was hoping to hear!lol She is a little sweet tempered velociraptor I love her active personality always talking to me comes running when I open the door to go out to the yard. her best friend is an EEbantam. they are inseparable. I love that she flys around the yard and roosts in trees up ten feet or just walks around in the branches foraging . it's like having exotic jungle birds. no cackling or clucking but trills whistles and soft squawks and growls. Very gentle and somewhat timid . She's young yet though . maybe 14 wks. I'll try to get better posture pics tomorrow.

Personally, and please don't take offense to this, but I wouldn't breed her. I can see from the picture that her body type is not good, to say the least. Her back is too long and the wing angle needs to be down more towards the hock. Also, there is her general posture. A Sebright should have a puffed out and broad chest giving them a proud/showy appearance. Her color is ok, but could stand to be a tad darker for my taste. The only things I cannot gather from the picture are the width of her chest and her size/weight. I'm sure she is a nice bird and you bring up the issue of them being hard to find in your area, but I would only try to breed her if you can find a near perfect rooster. However she is your bird, so do what you wish. This is just my two cents.

Thats ok :) When I was out there taking pictures of his face, his feathers were going between purple and teal. I'm not in for the showing or breeding aspect, just like to have chickens! So do I have to worry about him getting with my leghorns and red sex links? lol I also have a little golden bantam, so that might be more of a possibility huh?
he may not be to the standard but a very attractive chicken anyway.

Personally, and please don't take offense to this, but I wouldn't breed her. I can see from the picture that her body type is not good, to say the least. Her back is too long and the wing angle needs to be down more towards the hock. Also, there is her general posture. A Sebright should have a puffed out and broad chest giving them a proud/showy appearance. Her color is ok, but could stand to be a tad darker for my taste. The only things I cannot gather from the picture are the width of her chest and her size/weight. I'm sure she is a nice bird and you bring up the issue of them being hard to find in your area, but I would only try to breed her if you can find a near perfect rooster. However she is your bird, so do what you wish. This is just my two cents.
I like them a tad darker too, but maybe give her a shot because she's only 3 months old? I think its just a bad picture perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom