sebright thread

Pics
Most likely there was something wrong with them. But, I understand why your upset. Be happy with the ones you have and mark this down as a learning experience.

When I hatch eggs, I just call it an embryology experiment, and when you look at it that way you are more open to the thought of defects in each embryo's (chick's) genetic defects and why they didn't hatch.

Last edited:
3 more silvers hatched today and one is starting to hatch they wasn't suppose to start hatching till saturday..they are so cute and fuzzy lol. but i do have a few problems though... my silver hen stopped laying she hasn't laid an egg in almost 2 weeks! is there something im doing wrong or would the fact that its been almost 100 degrees in the last two weeks? and second of all she wont let my other bantum hen near her or around my roo. she will go out of her way if i put them together to attach the other bantum hen! what do i do cuz my bantum chicks ive been hatching are getting to big to be inside and they are starting to fly out of the box i have them in and i would like to move them out side but i can't if i can't put my 3 bantums in the same pen what do i do... :(

what about....pretty girl...or boy hehe...or lemon drop (its head looks very yellow in the picts :) or angle or avery or blair or darby or piper or skyler
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I NEED more babies to name now!
barnie.gif
lau.gif

I am still so entirely confused on the sex of my sebright bantam.
bow.gif

Everytime I think I know, it does something that throws me for a loop.
I know the comb says hen, but I have seen combs go wrong from breedings.

It is a wild thing and has puffed it's neck feathers up at other roo's. But it hasn't crowed that I know of and is 5 months old.
Any ideas? What do y'all think from looking at the feathering and such?

Yep, that's a hen for sure. Here's a pic of my roo and he's only three months old ... and definitely crows
ep.gif
A LOT!!! Since I'm new to this thread I was wondering if the crowing is a breed thing? My other bantam roos don't hardly crow at all and this guy is noisy all the time and kind of fiesty, ie he doesn't want to sit still at all or to be held but he doesn't attack other birds or anything.

Yep, that's a hen for sure. Here's a pic of my roo and he's only three months old ... and definitely crows
ep.gif
A LOT!!! Since I'm new to this thread I was wondering if the crowing is a breed thing? My other bantam roos don't hardly crow at all and this guy is noisy all the time and kind of fiesty, ie he doesn't want to sit still at all or to be held but he doesn't attack other birds or anything.

He's so pretty!!! It must be... I have a 4.5 month old barred rock that just crowed for the first time. But some other bantams I have are already crowing at a young age. Maybe my bantams feel the need to crow so they feel bigger. lol

Back
Top Bottom