Sewandgrow's Third Annual "Friends of A Feather" Poultry Party, Turlock CA, May 3rd, 2015 (Chat Thre

My mother and I fifty-five years ago brought a just captured mustang from out east of Mono Lake home to Newman in the backseat of our four door car. We took out the back seat and the three month old filly stood up the entire way home coming over Sonora Pass. The looks we got when people saw the young mustang in the back seat! Had that horse for more than 30 years. Her name was Mono of course. Kern

My mother and I fifty-five years ago brought a just captured mustang from out east of Mono Lake home to Newman in the backseat of our four door car. We took out the back seat and the three month old filly stood up the entire way home coming over Sonora Pass. The looks we got when people saw the young mustang in the back seat! Had that horse for more than 30 years. Her name was Mono of course. Kern
Nice story Kern.......good memories.
I hope to get a chicken lovin' friend & come to see you guys soon.

My grow daughter still tells horror stories of when I hauled animals in my car & embarrassed her to death....LOL

What a special memory. When I was a kid I always got bottle baby goats from the auction and they always came home in my lap. I loved having them in the car and people always pointed at them, lol

Quote: when my daughter was small she won a goat in the goat race to catch at La Grange rodea. We bought it home in the back seat of my plymouth, He was better than most dogs. Just laid down and stayed in one spot.
Kern I could use one of those cockeral if there is a extra.....
Hatch 2 late comers a blue something, and another pita pinta 2 full days later than the rest. Just 4 blue marans eggs left from the swap

when my daughter was small she won a goat in the goat race to catch at La Grange rodea. We bought it home in the back seat of my plymouth, He was better than most dogs. Just laid down and stayed in one spot.
Kern I could use one of those cockeral if there is a extra.....
Hatch 2 late comers a blue something, and another pita pinta 2 full days later than the rest. Just 4 blue marans eggs left from the swap

Sure if Karen doesn't want both. They are late bloomers. They are almost 8 weeks old and are just starting to get their tail feathers. They aren't showing much if any copper yet. I assume that will start to show soon. They are pretty tame, when I open their little pen door I have to physically keep pushing them back inside. My wife (Gayle) gets a laugh out of it every time. Kern

Well I still have a few olive eggers in but I think this hatching is a wrapping up. I got exactly one Sumatra chick =( but it's so cute =) I will try to get a head count and some pictures tomorrow =)

Sure if Karen doesn't want both. They are late bloomers. They are almost 8 weeks old and are just starting to get their tail feathers. They aren't showing much if any copper yet. I assume that will start to show soon. They are pretty tame, when I open their little pen door I have to physically keep pushing them back inside. My wife (Gayle) gets a laugh out of it every time. Kern
I have been all over California & hauled a variety of critters in a variety of cars through the years. I am not a truck driving kinda gal so whatever I had that worked was fine with me.I brought a pair of grown Embden geese home wrapped in burlap sacks with their heads up & out sitting on the front seat next to me coming from Morgan Hill & I think I went downhill from there....LOL. I have never thought anymore of a car than it being a tool to use for whatever you needed that it could do.

What a special memory. When I was a kid I always got bottle baby goats from the auction and they always came home in my lap. I loved having them in the car and people always pointed at them, lol
I too have raised many bottle fed goat kids. They are so sweet............. Maybe my Dexters would like a goat playmate. We used to keep a goat or 2 with the horses back in the days I had horses (long ago). They make good companion animals.

Back
Top Bottom