Sewandgrow's Third Annual "Friends of A Feather" Poultry Party, Turlock CA, May 3rd, 2015 (Chat Thre

Yes, please stop in. I don't know what you mean by "bedside pomegranate". I do have 7 different varieties of pomegranate also. Kern

I definetely plan to make a trip out your way. I have a trip to Kim's @capayvalleychick in Guinda we need to take asap to pick up a Dexter hiefer.Jules

@fortyfivefarm has her truck in for transmission work right now then we will be off. After that we hope to set up some mini meets amongst us who are close enough for a short drive for get togethers. At the party there were several of us who were right here in the nearby areas.
Fava Day is coming up on May 9th at 5:30. That's what one of the birdhouses I had at my house was for. It will be donated for the live auction. This function is open to the public, free admission, donations accepted, all proceeds got to local cancer chilren's families. They serve you Fava beans,potatos & Portuguese sweet rolls. This is my 4th year of going & I so look forward to it. If you & Gayle want to give it a try come on over. You don't have to be Portuguese to attend....LOL. I am delighted to be a part of it.

I definetely plan to make a trip out your way. I have a trip to Kim's @capayvalleychick in Guinda we need to take asap to pick up a Dexter hiefer.Jules

@fortyfivefarm has her truck in for transmission work right now then we will be off. After that we hope to set up some mini meets amongst us who are close enough for a short drive for get togethers. At the party there were several of us who were right here in the nearby areas.
Fava Day is coming up on May 9th at 5:30. That's what one of the birdhouses I had at my house was for. It will be donated for the live auction. This function is open to the public, free admission, donations accepted, all proceeds got to local cancer chilren's families. They serve you Fava beans,potatos & Portuguese sweet rolls. This is my 4th year of going & I so look forward to it. If you & Gayle want to give it a try come on over. You don't have to be Portuguese to attend....LOL. I am delighted to be a part of it.

My son lives in Natomas, and his in-laws live in Lodi, and we are meeting everyone in Lodi for a Mother's day get together on Saturday the 9th. Yes, please come by anytime! Kern

@sewandgrow , You have the kindest heart. i just love your hospitality and your ways. I can only strive to become like that. Again, thank you for hosting such a wonderful party. I can't wait for the next one :)

If you remember, some of us were not getting updates on subscriptions e-mailed to us. Well all of a sudden I am getting the updates again. Kern

Thanks for your leftovers Shantih. I had never had it before & am eager to have my husband try the chocolate. The vanilla is MINE.....LOL He is a chocoholic. I am interested in your cooking method & the machine you have that does it. I want to try meat that way. So enjoyed you & Mario, as always, & get such a kick out of your back & forth banter about more hatching eggs....LOL

ha, the flies are driving him mad so he is on a downsizing kick. I might have to get rid of the breese :(.
here is the recipe, its measured by weight, so easier for eggs. it macks a mectric unmentionalbe ton of pots.
http://www.chefsteps.com/forum/posts/pots-de-creme-sous-vide
you could just cook them as normal instead of sv, its jsut super easy in the sv.
I want to add my thanks to Karen, Dyann, and Jules for throwing such a mag party!
smile.png
The girls and I had a great time! It was fun getting to know meet new chicken loving friends as well as spend time with old friends. We came home with 18 of Dyann's cochin eggs, 6 Mille Fleur D'uccle eggs from Jules, and 6 black copper Maran eggs from Shantih. All sat for a day since my car is a bumpy ride and we loaded them in the incubator last night. Monet is so excited to finally have the cochin and D'uccle eggs! She is busy designing a coop just for them!

Those of you who went home with Pita Pinta eggs, would you please let me know how your hatches go. I'm trying to keep track of the fertility in both pens. I have my rooster Zorro in a pen with the best 8 of his daughters but it looks like he doesn't like 2 of them. I have been getting some clears and by the looks of the eggs, they are from 2 different pullets. Maybe 8 girls are too much for him to handle!
what! daddies should not have favorites, ill let you know how they go, I had z on a lot of mine.

it was great seeing everyone!

Back
Top Bottom