Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My chickens go to roost whether there is an eclipse or not.
What exactly are you expecting them to do differently?
They go to roost briefly during the middle of the day and come down as if going through a compressed night. It is even rarer for them and they likely have no concept of what is actually going on. It is a just for fun thing.

And for photo-op I will have some birds in eclipse molt during an actual eclipse.
20170717_191443-jpg.1080374

What kind of comb is that centra
If I may. It's a straight comb that lost its points to frostbite. Your welcome.
I stand corrected. I do recall centra saying he didn't own any pea comb anything.

Last edited:
nice rooster (cock or bullstag??) centra. I like the other photo of the row of roosters. I didnt realize you had so many.. is that recent photo?

Picture taken this morning around 0615 with sun just over horizon from my right. Photographs all milky when using phone which I cannot seem to fix.

That represents about 1/3 of my games on male side. Note very little color. I had to downsize a few months back and will stay tight until economic setting stabilizes. My setup is not photogenic and depth of field issues really put a damper on trying to get good shot.

@sdm111 all but one stag and one pullet I have is straight combed. The oddballs are both outsourced and heterozygous for pea comb and straight. The dom is worthless as a game. Birds dubbed all went to my brother as he is pickier on that account. My birds do not get the big combs but if outcrossed they do get big. If I keep anything out of the pullet, then that would be start of only line that is not full straight combed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom