Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wats up everyone? Just thought I would stop in and share a pic.

Blue/grey

This is a Dwain White hen, I didn't know he raises roundheads, radio's......besides hatches. I just assumed she is a hatch but maybe not? :idunno
What do ya'll think..........

My first gamehen (actually a pullet) of 2015 hunkered down on a nest today to start incubation. Typical clutch of of early season pullet with over 20 eggs.

Bam! That's a lot of eggs for a game pullet. I never have let one have that many, usually a dozen or so but I try to the control numbers of chicks too. What is the most eggs that you've had a game hen hatch?

Last edited:
Bam! That's a lot of eggs for a game pullet. I never have let one have that many, usually a dozen or so but I try to the control numbers of chicks too. What is the most eggs that you've had a game hen hatch?

It is like clock-work for the pullets laying early to have over-sized clutches. Hatch rate much more variable representing the highs and lows I see. I have seen 22 come off such a nest but seeing close to zero more common. Even with higher hatch hens have a hard time rearing more than 14.

Same pullets will later set by time 10 to 12 eggs in nest. Normally my hens not conditioned to set until March but this brood will be used for field days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom