Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. my draw length on my 70# bowtech is 27.5 with a release loop. So right at 28.5 most likely.

I'm really looking forward to hunting with one.
Yeah me too. That target pic was right at 20 yds. At 15 I can hit the center all day long. At 20 it's a little harder. At 25 it starts getting iffy lol. I haven't shot any broadheads yet with it. Gonna try a few out this week. Most likely going to need heavier 2 blades. Think I'm gonna try the VPA's in 150 or 175 grain. One solid machined piece. They get real good reviews from guys shooting longbows and recurves. Well see how it goes. Lol

IMG_5494.JPG

Not much was in this months gamecock magazine. Learning a lot with the gamefowl and man some of these birds are very strong and very aggressive. Put tie cords to close to each other. Didn't take long for them to make some noise. Tee pees now, hoop coops, free rangers and close to 500 birds not all gamefowl but close to 200 are gamefowl. Sold prolly close to 500 and that's y I have so few. Got into mearns quail, Tennessee red quail, California valley quail, got investors now. Website almost done and 4 commercial brooders and one heated commercial brooder. Bout it. Lol. Most of my birds are in molt. The games that is.

Damn
View attachment 1139786
Not much was in this months gamecock magazine. Learning a lot with the gamefowl and man some of these birds are very strong and very aggressive. Put tie cords to close to each other. Didn't take long for them to make some noise. Tee pees now, hoop coops, free rangers and close to 500 birds not all gamefowl but close to 200 are gamefowl. Sold prolly close to 500 and that's y I have so few. Got into mearns quail, Tennessee red quail, California valley quail, got investors now. Website almost done and 4 commercial brooders and one heated commercial brooder. Bout it. Lol. Most of my birds are in molt. The games that is.
Damn man! That's awesome.

Show a picture of what they look like now. Include estimates of current weight and what it was before feed switch. You may, or may not, have a problem.

I don't think it's a bad thing. I've been waiting for one of them to put on some weight. He's still young, so still maturing. This is his first adult molt. I just didn't expect him to grow that fast. He's using the extra protein to bulk up instead of replace feathers. He's been the smaller of the two until now. Now they are about even. They seem to be mostly done except for their tails and necks. Poor things both have prickly necks. Even my silkies molt faster. I'm used to laying breeds, it seemed when I had them they were done molting in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom