Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man, really odd. You ever encounter some mutations or deformities in your chicks?

polydactylism.

a couple years ago, I posted a pic of a chick with an extra leg growing out its back, that's different though, I heard it was because it would have been a double yolker

polydactylism.

a couple years ago, I posted a pic of a chick with an extra leg growing out its back, that's different though, I heard it was because it would have been a double yolker
Thanks for the proper name Jon.
I also joined Galleros del Mundo.
Mostly to look at chickens and there's a lot of info and good discussions on there.

polydactylism.

Yes, Tex the pic you posted in on of the more common forms of polydacty. It is thought to be caused by an incomplete dominant allele. Your chick could be a one off mutation or one of the parents could be carrying it, but not showing it. Because it is "incomplete dominant", sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't as it can be covered by other limiting alleles.

Yes, Tex the pic you posted in on of the more common forms of polydacty. It is thought to be caused by an incomplete dominant allele. Your chick could be a one off mutation or one of the parents could be carrying it, but not showing it. Because it is "incomplete dominant", sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't as it can be covered by other limiting alleles.
I talked to my mentor, he says he rarely gets that polydacty in a chick from his Ruble line. The hens are definitely carrying it.

IMG_20180406_110012600~3.jpg
new trio sent to me today, pure Bennett Blueface over pure Bennett Greys. I love this stag, he's a little small but he's still young to, and one of these pullets is almost silver in color. The pullet in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom