Show off your Peas!

So i just need to pair them up

If you wish to sell them as Fly tying supplies they should be paired up. Do some research on the internet and you will see which colors/patterns are popular with fly tyers. Almost all Fly patterns/recipes call for a matched pair of feathers. Really serious fly tyers will buy whole bird skins just to be sure they have a matched pair of everything. If your feathers are in good condition and clean then matched pairs will bring you more money. When I say matched pair I am talking about 1 right and 1 left.

Here some new pictures of Sweet, my 2 month old Peachick.
I was taking some pictures during her supervised free range time, but all she does is stick with me and her favorite place is on my lap nestled in the crook of my arm. I am not sure how this is going to work when she gets bigger, but I do love her attention.

Pretty girl!
clap.gif

Where do you all get your 28% feed? All I can fine is 22%. Do any of you order it online? If so from where? Any thought on what I could add to their current feed to bring the protein level up?

Where do you all get your 28% feed? All I can fine is 22%. Do any of you order it online? If so from where? Any thought on what I could add to their current feed to bring the protein level up?

Purina makes a 30% gamebird starter, which mine hate, so I feed turkey starter.

-Kathy

We mix about 20 lbs of hard cat food into 100 lbs of 22% crumble as well as adding other things like milo, sunflower seed, walnuts, raisins, and whatever else we think they might like. I have no idea how high this would bump the protein, but they seem to be very happy and healthy and we have many birds that are over the age of 12 and going strong. Our oldest is 19 and we've fed this way for 20 years.
big_smile.png

Here in Ok Shawnee Mills makes a game bird deer that is 28% protein crumbies. My birds were raised on it. They love it!

Back
Top Bottom