Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Here are my 2 ladies. I had to get rid of the rooster. He "talked" way to much. All day and night.

I have some eggs in the incubator. I know they wont breed true since RSL's are hybrids. Our Rooster is a Speckled Sussex so it will be interesting to see the outcome! we started with 3 eggs in there..every time hubby turned his back I was adding another! LOL I reassured him that since it was out first time we wouldn't have a high hatch rate and will most likely be taking eggs out at day 10...day 5 and ALL are developing!

Last edited:
I have some eggs in the incubator. I know they wont breed true since RSL's are hybrids. Our Rooster is a Speckled Sussex so it will be interesting to see the outcome! we started with 3 eggs in there..every time hubby turned his back I was adding another! LOL I reassured him that since it was out first time we wouldn't have a high hatch rate and will most likely be taking eggs out at day 10...day 5 and ALL are developing!

It's so much fun to experiment. Good luck and have fun...
thumbsup.gif

I've got some Cinnamon Queen (RIR x SLW) in the incubator which are perking along. No pictures yet, unless you want veiny eggs. Hope to have some cute chick pics in a couple of weeks.

as of right now (day 6) they are all developing, as long as I don't have any quitters I should have a healthy hatch around the 30th. Now I just got to force myself to stop candling (except day 14 and day 18) so they can develop and have less chance of getting bacteria from hands, accidental drop, etc.

I have RSL but they are a little different although they are the exact same age and of the same parents. One has a puffy tail with a little black involved....the other.....well here is a pict of them beside each other...you reckon one might be a cockrel? That black streak behind the first one is a feather on the ground from a BSL.These are about 12 weeks old

Those are probably my favorite chickens! I have a "Barnyard Mix". There are silkies, RSL's, turkens, (there are probably others that I don't know of) and some that just are a mix of them all!! They lay big beautiful brown eggs!

Back
Top Bottom