Smoky Mtn East TN

SELLING:
Have to downize some.. so selling: one young bird pair of "white dove release" racing blood homers. $20.00 (worth twenty a piece at least, but got parents in trade).
a twenty bird kit of "pensom line high velocity deep rolling strain" of birmingham rollers. $5.00 apiece (buddy paid $25.00 a piece for deal on whole flock/kit in great deal, for parents of these show and competition stock that just won knox show). they are about six months old and already performing, some rolling twenty to thirty feet, one keeping hopefully rolling fourty to fifty feet. no bumpers/rolldowns. Already started and flown flock. hawks haven't been able to catch at all (i let BOPs weed out weak young fliers and fly all i own except racer parent stock).
bantam aneraucana cockrels. About half a dozen. i like most colors ect, and haven't had any ticks ect around since turned loose to free range 24/7, they watch over ladies and chicks already, and not crowing so far at all. $5.00 apiece
about half dozen scovy ducklings. silver, some chocolate possibly.

Last edited:
SELLING:
Have to downize some.. so selling: one young bird pair of "white dove release" racing blood homers. $20.00 (worth twenty a piece at least, but got parents in trade).
a twenty bird kit of "pensom line high velocity deep rolling strain" of birmingham rollers. $5.00 apiece (buddy paid $25.00 a piece for deal on whole flock/kit in great deal, for parents of these show and competition stock that just won knox show). they are about six months old and already performing, some rolling twenty to thirty feet, one keeping hopefully rolling fourty to fifty feet. no bumpers/rolldowns. Already started and flown flock. hawks haven't been able to catch at all (i let BOPs weed out weak young fliers and fly all i own except racer parent stock).
bantam aneraucana cockrels. About half a dozen. i like most colors ect, and haven't had any ticks ect around since turned loose to free range 24/7, they watch over ladies and chicks already, and not crowing so far at all. $5.00 apiece
about half dozen scovy ducklings. silver, some chocolate possibly.

laughingdog i pmed u

Last edited:
Cws451
I have eleven young scovy ducks, some coming in choco, some coming in silver feathering. also the daddy white silver and chocolate. I'm probly only keeping the darkest most chocolate drake of brood along with choco ducks possibly (this was just late season fluke test hatch), but probly sell most at least for pest and weed control, eggs, meat, and watch dogs. decent to any scovys can be hard to impossible to find at times, and decently priced and healthy (mine are not biggest I've seen). I've got some numbers of local sellers also, some more expensive and non I've bought from.

I'm looking for a few scovys.... prefer darker colors for predation prevention.
Do you have some available still? Can you msg me with more info and maybe some pics.
Thanks

To Redridge,

i do not know about choco scovy sexlinking.. id be interested in hearing anything on it to look for. I've noticed that BOPs will fly over, but not for some reason try to go after the scovy (chocolate with white, and white and silver), as they try for with the birmingham rollers and bantam americanas (luckily the bops have had no luck yet). I've had two dogs and two times were weasel went after scovy, one of my cats killed the least weasel while mother duck was on eggs, the two dogs were kept at bay briefly at least by whole brood too as well as parents until collie got loose and chased the one off and injured other too bad to escape, and second weasel the daddy duck fought off the lesser weasel (he had good gashes above eye and on neck were weasel tried to go for vitals but carruncles protected), until cats chased away and dogs later tore apart when lesser weasel came back (weasels always come back!). also the scovys killed a snake. they pretty much take care of selves all day and at night left out, barn cats and watch dogs around, as they eat all the flies and ants (they demolished a couple fire ant hills), and ticks ect everything in between, but don't seem maybe as fond of mice as was let to believe as have found slashed and smashed mice in pen on occasion. I'm told they can fly but mine don't try, but clipped my female's wing after her clutch hatched just in case. They stay close to home and trained easy to come when called, and to go to pen on command to wait for treats (worms work best, or scratch feed), and then stay pretty well overnight till babies peep to be let out to forage in morning. id worry about preds as they are generally slow, but quiet also and stay really close so far. Most trouble has been cleaning water containers often enough for my taste, that they can get into to soil (though wonderful liquid fertilizer and hasn't burned potted plants yet), and human predators that dogs stop at property line pretty regularly (everyone loves duck/s..).

Last edited:
Marans!! I need to clear out my brooder and have three 5 week old marans left that I need to rehome. Looks like a blue copper cockerel, cuckoo cockerel, and either a black copper or birchen marans pullet. They all have nicely feathered shanks. I have eggs in the incubator that will be hatching at the end of this week. Make me an offer...im motivated to move em out. I'll make you a deal. My loss is your gain!

I have a trio of Orps I do not need/want. It consists of black cockerel, blue pullet & lavender split pullet. They were all hatched Feb/Mar. The cockerel is the only one I kept out of my hatches but I have changed my mind and will not be using him. PM me if you are interested. I will deliver them to an upcoming show in either Knoxville or Newport. thanks

has anyones hens stopped laying yet? i have 5 hens until last week i was getting 3 eggs a day now i havnt had a egg since then just wondering if its time to put the light in the tractor?

has anyones hens stopped laying yet? i have 5 hens until last week i was getting 3 eggs a day now i havnt had a egg since then just wondering if its time to put the light in the tractor?

All my older hens have either slowed way down or stopped. Its the time of year, some are mottling, the days are getting shorter, etc. Most pullets will lay through the winter & breeds known for egg laying will also lay more. Some people put a light in the coop & turn it on for X amount of hours to "force" theirs to lay but I prefer to let nature take its course & give them a break.

Back
Top Bottom