Southern California Quail Ranchers

I used a Hovabator with a fan installed with egg turners( some for chicken, some for quail eggs) I hatched about 1000 quail in it... I thought it made hatching easy. Worth the cost. I made these quail pens for my breeding!

I like your quail pens a lot. Gives me an idea of how I want to build mine.

Which ones? lol

Your last 2 pictures. I have no quail currently but when I get some I want to raise them indoors. So I like that idea except I need a door in the front and stackable with a poop tray and egg roll. You live in Southern California?

Your last 2 pictures. I have no quail currently but when I get some I want to raise them indoors. So I like that idea except I need a door in the front and stackable with a poop tray and egg roll. You live in Southern California? 
I keep mine in our 2.5 car garage. I wouldn't recommend keeping them inside your actual house because their poop is kinda smelly and no matter what kind of hutch you use, they kick out food or shavings or whatever they can, and you have to sweep up frequently. I think people keep button quail indoors but they're smaller and more like pet birds.

I keep mine in our 2.5 car garage. I wouldn't recommend keeping them inside your actual house because their poop is kinda smelly and no matter what kind of hutch you use, they kick out food or shavings or whatever they can, and you have to sweep up frequently. I think people keep button quail indoors but they're smaller and more like pet birds.

My house is an interesting setup I will have them on a separate floor as it's a tri level house.

My house is an interesting setup I will have them on a separate floor as it's a tri level house.
I made 6 of the bottom quail pens.Sold them for $300 each. The last one was made to also fit chickens, the watering system was made to so that it could be raised for chickens or lowered for the quail.

I made 6 of the bottom quail pens.Sold them for $300 each. The last one was made to also fit chickens, the watering system was made to so that it could be raised for chickens or lowered for the quail.

When you say each are you talking about one pen or the row of them?

When you say each are you talking about one pen or the row of them?
These are two separate pen setups. each unit has 8 2x2x12 pens.
LL

Back
Top Bottom