The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
I let mine sit 12-24 hrs before putting them in the incubator.

I just hatched 6 out of 8 shipped eggs, they are lavender orpingtons and lavender ameracaunas though. they came from South Carolina. shipped in an egg carton.

Same here. Do you candle them before setting to see what the air cells look like? You're beating the odds of shipped eggs and giving me hope again
smile.png

IN AN EGG CARTON?? No bubble wrap, newspaper... anything??

Same here.  Do you candle them before setting to see what the air cells look like?  You're beating the odds of shipped eggs and giving me hope again:)
IN AN EGG CARTON??  No bubble wrap, newspaper... anything??

I do candle them before.

They were bubble wrapped individually then the egg carton was bubble wrapped. I actually like that method best. Imo, it keeps the eggs from being rolled around.

I do candle them before.

They were bubble wrapped individually then the egg carton was bubble wrapped. I actually like that method best. Imo, it keeps the eggs from being rolled around.

Do you incubate in an egg turner? Hatch on their sides or in egg carton? Sorry for all the questions but I'm not finding any local breeders and will probably continue to order shipped eggs
hu.gif

Do you incubate in an egg turner? Hatch on their sides or in egg carton? Sorry for all the questions but I'm not finding any local breeders and will probably continue to order shipped eggs
hu.gif
I use a turner, I incubate in a gqf digital sportsman 1502.

No need to be sorry :) I did the same, no one local has any of the breeds i'm interested in.

Here's the 1 out of 14 hatch i had. He was hatched July 29th.

I use a turner, I incubate in a gqf digital sportsman 1502.

No need to be sorry :) I did the same, no one local has any of the breeds i'm interested in.

Here's the 1 out of 14 hatch i had. He was hatched July 29th.

He's BEAUTIFUL! I have a LG9300 and use a turner. I've been reading about hatching shipped eggs in egg cartons instead of on their sides because of their messed up air cells. I'm not sure which way I'm gonna go. I have 32 Lavender Orp eggs in with the Jubilee's on day 8. I'm not great at candling. I saw 6 for sure developing.

He's BEAUTIFUL!  I have a LG9300 and use a turner.  I've been reading about hatching shipped eggs in egg cartons instead of on their sides because of their messed up air cells.  I'm not sure which way I'm gonna go.  I have 32 Lavender Orp eggs in with the Jubilee's on day 8.  I'm not great at candling.  I saw 6 for sure developing.

Thank you! Wow, that's a lot of eggs. Why don't you come over to the Halloween hatch a long thread. We have a lot of knowledgeable people that could help you out. :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1020981/2015-halloween-hatch-a-long-join-us-if-you-dare

Last edited:
Thank you, I will check it out. This is only my second time to incubate eggs. I was so disappointed the first time, only 3 fertile and 2 hatched, that I went overboard this time, lol.

The lav orps and lav amer were my last until spring. I just hatched 71 quail on the 15th.. I'm adding all of them to my current flock and the spare roosters will go to freezer camp for the winter.

Here's my sweet spoiled roo, Samson, who's almost 6 months old. My son says we should've named him Tank, lol. I know he may not be SOP, but I think he's beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom