The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!!

There has been no progress. No internal pip. And its day 23. Im getting very worried.
Should i put a small pip hole in the aic cell for it?
Its my only baby andni just dont want itnto die :(

No internal pip at all?

IMO, helping without an internal pip usually ends tragically...

Absolutely nothing... i did more videos of peeping chicks. And it is barely moving. So little im worried it just my imagination.
What makes it end tragically? Is itnthe helping or hitting a vein?
Im just wondering because if i need to do it, i dont want to kill the baby

Absolutely nothing... i did more videos of peeping chicks. And it is barely moving. So little im worried it just my imagination.
What makes it end tragically? Is itnthe helping or hitting a vein?
Im just wondering because if i need to do it, i dont want to kill the baby

Before the internal pip, they do get very still for a while... also, keep in mind that moving all the time is very exhausting for a tiny body crammed into a shell...

Usually, if they haven't pipped yet it's because they just aren't ready... the simple act of freeing the beak to breath outside air may result in gasping and expiring...

Before the internal pip, they do get very still for a while... also, keep in mind that moving all the time is very exhausting for a tiny body crammed into a shell...

Usually, if they haven't pipped yet it's because they just aren't ready... the simple act of freeing the beak to breath outside air may result in gasping and expiring...

Okay. The i guess i will see how ots doing tomorrow, if nothing i may start thinking of helping.
I figured if it was ready to hatch, it would HAVE to internally pip or it would have doed by now without air right? If nothing happens today i will candle tomorrow and see if i can see anything of whats going on.

Okay! Good news i think! I shined the ligjt through a hole in the incubator to candle without opening the lid or anything to see whats going on. It looks like its trying to internally pip. I cant see a beak or anything. But i see tiny flutters against the shell about a quarter inch into the air sac. BUT... it looks like its on the wrong side of the air cell. Should i turn the egg over in case it externally pips there too? Or just leave it and keep an eye on it?

Back
Top Bottom