The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
hi guys. you think someone can sex my chick please. I am not an expert and this chick has a very red comb compared to my easter Eggers and I know that each breed is different. She/he is obviously A hatchery chick. the only SLW I have... And I don;t think she/he will ever have the lacing. She/he is def more black than anything...but we love her/him the same...

just worried cause the red comb and the thick legs. also likes to stand tall with her/his head in the air.

edited To Add that this chick was born april 12thish... about 2 months old

This is Zsa Zsa. I got her from the feed store. Her hatch date was 2/14/12 and she is very black at about the same age as yours.When yours starts her teen moulting, she may get more lace. I need to get current pics of Z as she is looking even more beautiful

5/2/12 Zsa Zsa on left, Roberta on right

5/17/12 13 weeks old here

Last edited:
I hope someone on this thread can answer this.

What would the result be from a Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster and a Light Brahma hen?

Does anyone have a picture of such a cross?

Thanks

This is not my picture, but it is a young silver laced light brahma cockeral,

SLWXBrahma2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the picture.

So that would be the result of a Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster and a Light Brahma hen?

It would be nice to see adult birds. But that gives me a good idea of what they could look like. Actually, that cockerel has pretty nice coloring.

Gorgeous birds everyone, I will post pics as soon as I am able, (since I am new here ;)) ~ I have 4 SLW that are just 1 1/2 weeks old today, they are funny little birds and always come running to the edge of the brooder to see what I'm up to. So curious, and yes, very noisy.

Back
Top Bottom